Selwyn Property Group is a real estate development, acquisitions and brokerage firm with deep ties to Charlotte and experience throughout the Southeast. We have a growing real estate portfolio and more than 100 years of combined industry experience largely concentrated in the Carolinas and Virginia. Learn more about us on our website.
Selwyn Property Group is looking to hire a reliable and experienced Accountant on a part-time basis. We expect that this position will offer between 8 – 16 hours of work per week. We can establish regular working hours (on recurring days) that are mutually agreed upon.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
• The ability to shift focus between numerous LLC’s and entities.
• Accurately recording items in QuickBooks.
• Obtaining approval for payments.
• Preparing checks/paying bills online.
• Depositing tenant payments.
• Monitoring late tenant rents.
• Processing bi-monthly payroll through ADP.
• Maintaining files of all payments and deposits.
• Reconciling bank accounts and reporting month-end cash balances.
• Responding to various partner/associate requests.
• Providing information as requested to bankers/lenders.
Annual Duties (concentrated in the 1st Quarter of the year) include the following:
• Performing annual loan reconciliations.
• Providing each entity’s financial information to tax accountants and responding to questions.
• Preparing and mailing 1099’s for all entities.
• Submitting Selwyn Property Group’s personal tax return.
• Receiving tax returns after partner review and making any necessary adjustment journal entries. (Then file and mail returns and K-1’s.)
• Completing all North Carolina annual reports and paying fees.
• 4+ years of experience in accounting.
• Well versed in QuickBooks and Excel.
• CPA license preferred.
• Pay will commensurate with qualifications and experience, but we estimate our starting rate will be $50/hour.
• Our hire will be an independent contractor.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.