Carrier Sales Representative
Established in 2009 and founded on the belief that there is a better way to move freight, Spot has 200+ employees across two domestic locations: Indianapolis, IN and Charlotte, NC. Consistently ranked on Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies and IBJ’s Fast 25, Spot is committed to doing logistics better. With our custom technology and entrepreneurial spirit, we’re ready to tackle anything that comes our way. Our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to hiring, training and developing highly motivated individuals who are dedicated to delivering the best customer service to carriers and customers. They have an entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in this fast-paced industry.
Our Carrier Sales Reps are fast-paced, proactive communicators who are tasked with building relationships with our #1 customer – our carriers. These relationships are essential for ensuring long-term partnerships that can endure market fluctuations and volatility resulting in stabilized rates to customers. They excel at negotiating and problem solving and have a teamwork mindset. They are motivated to achieve sales goals through relationships and growth.
Who you are:
• Acts with empathy and compassion toward carriers, customers and colleagues.
• Goes above and beyond for the carrier and customer, doing whatever it takes to get the job done, every time.
• Able to impact and persuade carriers when selling and negotiating.
• Seeks to develop expert level industry knowledge.
• Leverages resources to gain helpful insight when prospecting new carriers.
• Utilizes carrier network and relationships to grow book of business.
• Proactively plans and organizes day to day activities independently.
• Strategically plans operational activity based on FMCSA regulations and carrier needs.
• Has strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Applies critical thinking skills in stressful situations in order to effectively problem solve.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Sales, Business, Supply Chain Management, Operations, Communications or a related field. It is highly recommended that you include a cover letter to explain your interest if your major is unrelated to the position.
• Industry experience if you do not have a relevant major.
• A strong sense of urgency to complete tasks in order to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
• An entrepreneurial attitude with a growth mindset.