At Community Table Bistro, we’re changing lives and building futures one bite at a time. When you dine at Community Table Bistro, located at the Goodwill Opportunity Campus, you join us in our mission of changing lives through the power of work.
Community Table Bistro offers healthy, delicious, price-conscious homemade food and beverage options to both internal and external visitors of the Goodwill Opportunity Campus.
Whether you’re looking for a fresh cup of coffee, have a craving for a home-grown bite from the bistro’s outdoor garden or maybe you’re just simply seeking a comfortable place to meet for a tasty breakfast, lunch or afternoon snack the Community Table Bistro has you covered. Every time you visit the bistro you help fuel job training programs that open doors of opportunity for our neighbors on their journey to family-sustaining employment. So come claim your seat at the table and help someone else claim theirs.
Community Table Bistro is not only a bistro but our full-service, in-house catering company that offers delicious cuisine for all of your on property catering needs. Since we operate our catering department in-house, we can offer competitive pricing and adaptable menus.
The Goodwill Opportunity Campus has a variety of event and meeting spaces available to rent for meetings, conferences, fundraisers, as well as corporate and private parties. Our state-of-the-art spaces can accommodate up to 375 guests and we can also host outdoor tented events. Located only two miles from Charlotte Douglas International Airport and five miles from downtown Charlotte, the Goodwill Opportunity Campus offers convenience that other locations do not.
Event spaces are equipped with updated technology and modern amenities and include:
• 2,760 square-foot conference center with divider.
• Two outdoor spaces featuring a terrace overlooking our urban garden and courtyard.
• Two-story atrium.
• 12 board and conference rooms.
• Free parking for up to 170 vehicles.
• Free access to IT personnel (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
• Hourly rates available on Saturdays and Sundays.
• Free Wi-Fi.
Where you come in:
The Food & Beverage Manager is a hands-on leader that leads our food services team for Goodwill of the Southern Piedmont through the Community Table Bistro and Catering Events. They must be a visionary and strategic leader that can grow the business in ways that build community and share our purpose.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Diverse F&B background. Can run all areas of operations for a full service F&B operation in regards to both the front and back of the house.
• Leading teams of 5 or more kitchen staff.
• Must have amazing customer experience skills all while managing the daily operations of a business versus only preparing food.
• Various experience levels in volume, fine dining, catering, baking, purchasing, food costing and menu development.
• Demonstration of career progression and development – ability to grow the business strategically in partnership with the Director of F&B/Executive Chef.
• Demonstration of longevity in positions while positively impacting change.
• Must possess excellent organizational, communication and teambuilding skills.
• Skilled to all technical and sanitary aspects of food preparation and presentations.
• Bachelor degree in Hospitality or equivalent 5 years’ experience in managing like business.
• ServSafe Certified.