At Wray Ward (WW), the Insights Specialist is a client-facing marketing communications strategy leader who partners with our Client Engagement team to drive better performing work by helping client brands make better business-driving marketing decisions using research and marketplace analysis, opportunity identification and inspiring brand and audience insights.
The Insights Specialist owns Discovery, insights and strategic planning, employing a breadth of tools and resources to support and guide the agency. The Insights Specialist is also an active participant within the WW client brand teams, contributing to the strategy behind creative solutions and the measurements that gauge performance.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Support brand positioning strategy and brand equity framework.
• Develop accurate and insightful conclusions from research data and presents strategy and direction to the client.
• Support a strategic framework for measurement and work with the Measurement Director and Account Lead to recommend measurement tactics and analyze, summarize and translate the performance results into implications and recommendations that perpetuate better performing work.
Support strategic planning/insights/Discovery deliverables, including the following:
• Monitor market, economic, cultural and social landscape for trends and strategic developments relevant to the home and building category and clients’ businesses and interpret their impact on audience attitudes, behavior and perceptions and clients’ brand and business opportunities using a variety of market and research data.
• Analyze data detail, such as demographics, socioeconomics and the market, for the client’s brands along with information such as brand equity, market share and competitive analysis to achieve a comprehensive background that will foster the marketing communications strategy.
• Support Insights Director in the planning, development and project management of qualitative and quantitative primary research, executed internally or with 3rd party research partners, to support brand positioning and marketing communications strategy, including internal discovery tools such as stakeholder interviews and strategic white boarding sessions with clients, discussion guide and survey development and management of 3rd party research partners for AAU, brand health or ad effectiveness studies.
• Research client’s brand/product or service, which may involve gaining technical or specific knowledge.
• Identify the role for marketing communications in solving the business problem.
• Contribute to the development of marketing communications strategy with marketplace discovery research/analysis and comprehensive brand landscape assessments.
• Develop consumer segmentation and personas.
• Craft and develop customer experience/journey with experience briefs and experience maps that provide clear persuasive guidance and direction to brand team.
• Interpret insights and learnings and translate into strategies that inspire creativity.
Support Insights team to
• Provide the Creative team with a clearly defined brief that contains concise information on the brand, audience and strategy, enabling them to develop creative solutions that may be applied to a variety of effective media channels.
• Provide information and actively participate in and support the brand team during annual planning.
• Share relevant news and information on an ongoing basis that informs or impacts clients’ knowledge base and strategy.
• Support the Insights and Measurement Director in measurement planning and campaign measurement performance evaluation.
• Actively seek out new information resources to expand the agency’s home and building category expertise in support of Discovery, planning and ongoing client relationships.
• Partner with the Director of Insights in proactively seeking ways to enhance the Insights portfolio of tools, services and deliverables to support Client Engagement, Creative and Connections teams in the development of better performing work.
Additional responsibilities as a Member of the Insights Team
• Inspire a contagious passion for strategic creative solutions.
• Model a conscientious, straightforward and dedicated work ethic.
• Passionately uphold the agency brand, culture and values.
• Collaborate among multiple agency teams effectively and efficiently.
Qualifications and skills:
• Experienced, effective communicator with Marketing Director and C-level audience.
• Strong strategic thinker, with proven experience and skill set for leveraging and analyzing research and able to translate this into brand positioning, brand-building strategy and action.
• Strong attention to detail, ability to analyze and interpret research data and identify implications.
• Possess an innate curiosity and desire to explore beyond surface level facts and information to find the underlying insights.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, strategy, business, communications, psychology or sociology.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in brand management, marketing strategy, strategic planning, research.
• Account planning experience with a marketing communications agency preferred.
• Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and listening skills.
• Is comfortable and adept in representing WW with a client’s senior management.
• Demonstrate outstanding presentation skills in formal and informal settings and be an excellent meeting leader.
• Communicate in a clear, coherent and professional manner.
• Lead client teams with self-assuredness as well as sensitivity.
• Maintain a candid professional relationship with other WW employees, working closely with the Client Engagement team.
This job description serves as an overall summary of responsibilities for the position outlined. Please note it is subject to change with specific expectations associated with the position. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not the practice of Wray Ward to sponsor individuals for work visas. Wray Ward participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States.
Wray Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.