Membership Recruitment Specialist (HIRED)
Girl Scouts, Hornets’ Nest Council has one focus, Girls. While some people still think of us as cookies, badges, campfires and friendship bracelets, Girl Scouts are so much more. Girl Scouts are groundbreakers, big thinkers and role models. They design robots, travel, take on high adventure camping, improve their communities-and yes, they sell the best cookies on the planet. These are the traits that define girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. This is the Girl Scout DNA.
Would you like to join a mission-driven staff and introduce girls and volunteers to the wide variety of opportunities Girl Scouts offers? If you seek a position in which you can use your skills to make connections, partner with schools, communities and youth-serving organizations to bring the positive power of Girl Scouts to girls and volunteers, the Membership Recruitment Specialist may be a good match. Our work environment encourages flexibility and benefits include a generous PTO plan, medical, dental, life insurance, EAP, retirement plan and professional development opportunities.
The Girl Scout Membership Recruitment Specialist is responsible for recruitment of new girls and adult volunteers within an assigned region of the Council. Working within the community to build visibility for Girl Scouts Hornets’ Nest Council and to promote the Girl Scout experience, they will develop prospects and leads for conversion to members. They will understand the needs of their region and how to best support the growth of membership within the region. They will leverage sales development techniques to reach membership goals.
Essential job functions:
• Based on the council strategic plan and current membership objectives, design, develop and implement a comprehensive strategy using all appropriate resources and available data to generate increased girl and volunteer leads resulting in support of membership goal achievement for the council.
• Utilize all available data to drive activities which will result in meeting membership goals.
• Cultivate relationships with appropriate community leaders, these include schools, parent-teacher organizations, neighborhood associations, places of worship, other youth-serving organizations, home school networks and like-minded organizations.
• Mentor and train recruitment volunteers on established practices and ensure recruitment events are effectively staffed.
• Utilizes knowledge of social media platforms to develop online marketing campaigns to effectively promote recruitment events.
• Work with a cross-functional team to continuously evaluate, improve and execute recruitment strategies.
• Manage a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends.
• Have knowledge of the National Program Portfolio, Safety Activity Checkpoints, council policies and procedures, as well as Girl Scout Mission and Council strategic plan and annual plan of work.
• Ensure Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scouts message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Capacity to plan, organize and prioritize work, while managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Ability to solve problems, relate to a variety of personalities.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Must be detail and deadline oriented.
• Good working knowledge of Girl Scout philosophy, program is helpful.
Education and experience:
• Associate or Bachelor’s Degree.
• Prior sales experience is helpful.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel, experience in databases such as Salesforce is helpful.
• Valid driver’s license, use of a personal vehicle and proof of current vehicle insurance.
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus.