Digital Marketing Specialist (HIRED)
The Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority (CRVA) works to deliver experiences that uniquely enrich the lives of our visitors and residents. Through leadership in destination development, marketing and venue management expertise, the CRVA leads efforts to maximize the region’s economic potential through visitor spending, creating jobs and opportunities for the community. Brands supported by the CRVA include the Charlotte Convention Center, Spectrum Center, Bojangles’ Coliseum, Ovens Auditorium, the NASCAR Hall of Fame, Charlotte Regional Film Commission and Visit Charlotte in conjunction with the region’s destination marketing brand.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting the success of the CRVA’s digital properties and marketing strategy. This individual must be a progressive thinker able to combine knowledge of digital experience with business acumen to execute effective digital initiatives. This job will have periodic access to confidential data including customer quotes, product costs, company plans, designs and/or programs.
Essential job duties:
• Support all CRVA websites through the collaboration and management of content and user experience as driven by each brand’s business initiatives.
• Execute updates and publish content across all CRVA websites.
• Responsible for managing calendar of events content on applicable websites.
• Execute tactics against digital plan set forth by department management and the Digital Brand Manager.
• Monitor, track and analyze performance of established marketing campaigns.
• Work at the direction of the Digital Brand Manager to fulfill campaign reporting needs.
• Utilize email marketing platforms to create effective and engaging email campaigns, coordinate with internal teams/departments on timing and maintain quality control over content, design and layout.
• Create insightful reports to analyze effectiveness of email campaigns and identify ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness of email marketing efforts.
• Support SEO and SEM efforts set forth by the Digital Brand Manager.
• Support CRVA social media channels as needed at the direction of the Digital Brand Manager.
• Collaborate with departments across the entire company to aid individual business units in leveraging the digital space to help achieve their business goals.
• Assist the Digital Brand Manager in collaborating with the CRVA’s digital agency to support website development needs across digital properties, as well as agency-managed digital marketing campaigns that include, but are not limited to, paid search, paid social, digital preroll and display.
• May perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience with Google Analytics and/or web analytics application.
• Experience with email marketing platform (such as MailChimp or Emma).
• Experience maintaining and improving website content through a CMS (such as WordPress or Craft).
• Ability to resize and crop images for digital application.
• Experience with Google Ads (Adwords) and/or digital advertising platform a plus.
• Knowledge of HTML coding a plus.
• Knowledge of online ticketing platforms a plus.
• Self-motivated team player with a positive outlook.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work within a team and other departments and possess time management skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated track record of detail-oriented execution of digital and/or marketing initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to work as an individual contributor with lean resources, take direction and give direction.
• Demonstrated understanding of best practices and ability to quickly understand and evaluate emerging technologies.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in information technology, marketing or communications and 3-5 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
• This job has minimal to no travel requirements.
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.