Somerset Apartment Management is hiring a Senior Accountant to support its growing portfolio of multifamily communities. We are looking for someone with a strong attention to detail and passion for driving a company forward. We need this person to be a self-starter who is able to work within an entrepreneurial environment and support multiple properties.
• Responsible for month-end closing process for assigned properties including general ledger entries and review, bank reconciliations and financial statement preparations.
• Prepare, analyze and review monthly financial reporting packages distributed to investors and owners. This will include coordinating input from property managers and VPs.
• Monitor bank account balances and complete monthly bank reconciliations for property operating, security deposit and capital accounts.
• Communicate daily with property managers and regional Vice Presidents to ensure accuracy of property financials.
• Support external and internal audits requests.
• Assist with year-end 1099 preparation.
• Coordinate with lenders on monthly or quarterly reporting requirements, including monthly draw requests as necessary.
• Assist with preparation of other reporting requests as needed including acquisitions and dispositions.
• Setup acquired properties within the accounting software.
Skills and requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related field highly preferred.
• Knowledge of accrual and GAAP basis accounting.
• At least 2-3 years professional experience, with multifamily property management industry experience preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
• Experience with Entrata property management software a plus.
• Must be self-starter with ability to show strong initiative and follow-through skills.
• Excellent attention to detail, as well as time management skills.
• Able to support multiple property managers across the US.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate financial data.
• Ability to work independently with little oversight, as well as a team environment.
• Thrives in a collaborative, team player office environment.