Community Marketing Manager
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the WorldTM®. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that’s as effective as it is fun. Our fitness classes alternate between working out with weights and running on a treadmill. Each day focuses on a different muscle group in order to achieve real results and to prevent injuries. Our program is designed to tone muscle and maximize fat loss, while spiking the metabolism for up to 48 hours following the class.
The Community Marketing Manager will build strong local Barry’s community in the Charlotte studios by connecting and leveraging community partners, corporate relationships, influences and national initiative.
• Work with marketing leadership to prioritize and execute community-marketing efforts based on the needs of the Charlotte region.
• Work with marketing leadership to get up to speed on current National marketing.
• Work with Corporate Sales Manager to understand the corporate program and develop a strategy for studio opening.
• Develop Regional Marketing strategy, taking into consideration National Campaigns and timelines.
• Oversee studio marketing strategy for Charlotte.
• Management and oversight of all special events, including pop-ups and outside-of-studio events.
• Book charity classes.
• Observe attendance trends to develop classes and analyze the results of theme classes and overall attendance across Charlotte studios.
• Implement national campaigns and tools locally.
• Responsible for tailoring all campaigns to the Charlotte market, rolling out to studio managers and instructors and ensuring they are a success.
• Responsible for coaching studio managers in solving studio-marketing issues and executing studio-level promotions.
• Create content for Rundown and submit according to the marketing communications calendar.
• Create local event calendar and determine Barry’s level of involvement in any community events across the Charlotte region.
• Oversee from studio managers: Ownership of studio special events and theme classes (decorate, promote).
• Oversee from studio managers: Execution of business driving and community-building studio-level promotions.
• Manage local marketing for all retail and Fuel Bar programs, work closely with the local retail lead on strategy and execution.
Social media community
• Document in-studio events via photos, videos, etc. Share with PR team.
• Oversee from studio managers: Gathering of studio-specific social content.
• Oversee from studio managers: Delegate the monitoring of local Yelp page/answering questions and concerns.
• Oversee from studio managers: Delegate the monitoring local ClassPass reviews, answering questions and concerns.
• Identify community partners and build relationships to leverage.
• Delegate the processing of inbound charity requests for donations and assess the potential for an in-studio event.
• Oversee from studio managers; process inbound charity requests for donations.
• Oversee from studio managers; identify and tier community partners (restaurants, residential buildings, hotels, shared work spaces, universities/schools, etc) in the area for outreach.
• Oversee from studio managers; organization and execution of community days with corporate and community partners
• Identify and tier corporate partners in the Charlotte area by using Director of Corporate Partnerships’ strategy and execution plans.
• Engage in conversations with key corporate partners. Identify ways in which Barry’s and these companies might be able to have a partnership.
• Continue to leverage studio/ client contacts to identify and develop relationships.
• Create monthly reports highlighting efforts and analyzing new and existing partnerships.
Company culture responsibilities:
• Work to uphold Barry’s community and culture standards.
• Represent the Barry’s brand within the studios and throughout the Charlotte fitness community.
• Assist in participating in and enhancing the community with your studio and regional teams.
• Organization and Team Management.
• Emotional intelligence.
• Commitment to excellence.
• Minimum of 2 years in a leadership role.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management or equivalent experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Creative, energetic, well organized, demonstrated attention to detail with service orientation.
• Able to communicate effectively in person, email and telephonically.
• Strong attention to organization.
• Hospitality knowledge in food and beverage is expected.