Data Scientist (HIRED)
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team and provide insight into vast amounts of data and help in our continued growth. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis and building high-quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
• Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
• Having a solid grasp of statistics, including statistical tests and distributions.
• Data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
• Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed.
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for enhancing analytics capabilities.
• Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear, concise manner.
• Solving business-related problems using data-driven techniques.
• Communicating and collaboration with both IT and business.
• Looking for order and patterns in data, as well as spotting trends that can help drive the business’s bottom line.
• Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
• Presenting data in a pictorial or graphical format so it can be easily analyzed.
Skills and qualifications:
• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms.
• Experience with common data science toolkits.
• MicroStrategy experience or other similar reporting technologies.
• Great communication skills.
• Experience with data visualization tools.
• Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, R or Python.
• Experience with databases.
• Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
• Good scripting and programming skills Data-oriented personality.
• Degree in Statistics, Finance, Data Science, IT, Math.
• Preferred experience a minimum of 10 years.