Senior Sales Associate
Tabor is a modern men’s store located in a historic 1920s bungalow in Myers Park (Charlotte, NC) featuring personal shopping, in-house alterations and closet curation. Under the same roof, a contemporary art gallery, record shop, book store and coffee bar combine to create a lifestyle retail destination. From European brands to emerging designers, Tabor’s offering includes a range of suits in addition to casual looks and American-inspired, timeless sportswear. This assortment includes RRL, Thom Browne, Engineered Garments, Dries Van Noten, APC, Saint Laurent, Save Khaki United to name a few.
The Sales Associate builds a following of customers and they are expected to be a consultant as opposed to a clerk. This means that in addition to following up with customers promptly and appropriately, the Sales Associate should work to establish a rapport that allows them to determine all of their customers’ needs and then show the appropriate product to meet those needs. If you have an interest in being a part of something truly unique to Charlotte, we’d love to hear from you!
Responsibilities and requirements:
• Achieves assigned sales goals.
• Actively recruits new clients and maintains current client book to meet goals. Utilize the elevated levels of sales and service to maximize sales performance.
• Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise.
• After closing a sale, monitor all details including shipping, alterations (if applicable) and special requests to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Comply with all sales related policies and procedures.
• Perform daily tasks to ensure the store is spotless with attention to detail.
• Maintain a keen interest in the fashion industry and market trends.
• Provide the highest level of customer service.
• Build and maintain repeat clientele, utilize client book.
• Resolve all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively, ensuring client satisfaction.
• Ensures management is notified of any challenges or issues that arise which impact the company and/or customer.
• Attends sales and team meetings as requested.
• Keep selling floor and merchandise neat, organized and stocked.
• Assist in the maintenance of all inventory in the stockroom and on the selling floor.
• Comply with all Point-of-Sale policies and procedures.
• Properly execute all relevant register functions.
• Ensure image and grooming standards are professional and reflective of the brand image, at all times.
• Adhere to work schedule, inclusive of time and attendance.
• Participate in all relevant training and development seminars, programs and meetings as directed by store management.
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive customer, co-worker and data without exception.
• Performs other duties as required or requested.
• Contributes to the positive team efforts of both the store and the company.
• Acts upon critical issues immediately within the position’s authority and/or asks for assistance/decision-making from management.
• Makes suggestions to improve daily store sales, operations and overall flow.
• Maintains positive customer relationships.
• Work with sales team to effectively take the company to the next level as it relates to customer service.
• Must be able to lift over 35 pounds and stand on feet throughout the duration of the day.
The ideal candidate:
• Previous work experience in a luxury environment.
• Dynamic interpersonal and communication skills, written, verbal and listening.
• Solid independent work ethic, exceptional time management skills and high level of ownership.
• Strong desire to exceed customer needs.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
• Project a courteous and professional image at all times.
• Must exhibit detail orientation, with a good sense of urgency.
• Must be a self-starter and team-oriented.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Must be able to readily accept challenges.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.