CEENTA was founded over 95 years ago and has grown to become one of the largest multi-specialty practices of its kind on the East Coast. Today, CEENTA has more than 100 providers in nearly 20 locations across the Carolinas. CEENTA provides comprehensive pediatric and adult eye, ear, nose and throat care and highly specialized care, too. These services include but are not limited to: audiology, allergy treatment, cataract surgery, cochlear implants, cornea diseases, diabetic eye care, glaucoma treatment, head and neck cancer, neuro-ophthalmology, oculoplastics, optical and contact lenses, pediatric airway care, sleep medicine, thyroid treatment and voice and swallowing care.
Charlotte Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat Associates (CEENTA) is seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our team. This position will focus on establishing, overseeing and managing the purchasing of equipment, materials and services including vendor selection, negotiations, pricing terms and inventory control.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Oversees all aspects of the purchasing function, including vendor selection, pricing and negotiation of contracts.
• Creates strategic purchasing plan with managers of various departments and locations to coordinate purchasing activities.
• Review requisition submitted to create purchase orders for the purchase of goods and services.
• Collaborates with vendors to ensure a positive working relationship, negotiate pricing and/or terms and evaluate vendor performance and supplies to negotiate the best pricing possible.
• Partner with CEENTA’s GPO whenever possible and strategically utilize GPO vendors to ensure optimum purchasing power.
• Utilize purchasing software to track and receive orders as needed, confirm costs and anticipate delivery dates.
• Manage using PODIS the retinal drug program including working with vendors, stabilizing volume and distributing product to all parties.
• Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
• Work with accounting, ordering departments and vendors to assist with resolving purchase order/ invoice discrepancies.
• Monitor vendor performance and take corrective action as necessary.
• Responsible for managing the purchasing staff to include a focus on performance, training and customer service.
Education and/or experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field from an accredited college or university. Procurement experience preferably in a health care organization of 5 years or more.
• Experience with GPOs, negotiating prices, terms and conditions within contracts and agreements.
• Experience with purchasing software required.