Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit our website.
Performs duties which include the development and implementation of evaluation methodologies for communities, healthcare systems and healthcare technologies. Creates and utilizes data systems for assessment and evaluation.
• Performs critical analyses of outcomes, methods and processes, utilizing data collected from primary and secondary sources.
• Assists in the development and implementation of evaluation plans directed towards the assessment of efficacy, safety and cost-effectiveness and/or outcomes in a variety of healthcare communities and systems.
• Manipulates, combines and refines large databases to produce information suitable for analysis.
• Contributes data analysis support to on-going hospital quality improvement initiatives.
• Designs studies for the evaluation of specific healthcare interventions.
• Conducts computer-based searches in support of evaluation and quality initiatives.
• Conducts data collection in a scientific and objective manner.
• Prepares study reports, graphs and disease-specific scorecards and disseminates results.
• Writes and/or interprets methods sections for grant proposals and research studies.
• Collaborates with multi-disciplinary team of health care practitioners, researchers and outcome specialists, as well as with, federal, state and local agencies when needed.
• Provides the supporting institutional data necessary for the preparation of grants for outside funding and assists as appropriate with the preparation of proposals.
• Assists in the development of databases and scorecards related to quality improvement initiatives.
Education, experience and certifications:
• Masters Degree in Health Policy, Survey Research, Epidemiology, Sociology, Economics or other health-related research field required.
• 3 years professional experience in public health or healthcare related field required.
• Experience working in observational research and utilizing computers and databases to conduct analyses and interpretation of evaluation and outcome studies required.
• Work occurs in an office environment using office equipment (computers, copiers, etc.).
• This position requires extended periods of sitting and working at the computer.
• Overtime will occasionally be necessary.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer.