Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Over 220 Councils in 50 states serve 200,000+ girls a year and engage 100,000+ volunteers.
The Director of Finance is responsible for overseeing the accounting department of Girls on the Run International and its subsidiaries and ensuring complete and accurate financial records are maintained. This role will oversee internal controls design, optimize accounting department processes, ensure timely financial reporting to organizational stakeholders and lead their team in providing excellent customer service to other departments and divisions. Responsible for hiring, training and supervising accounting staff.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Oversee AR and AP coordinators to ensure necessary information is captured.
• Prepare and maintain accounting records in accordance with GAAP.
• Coordinate the management of payroll related activities.
• Reconcile all balance sheet accounts.
• Reconcile all intercompany transactions and process eliminations.
• Ensure timely month-end close.
• Reconcile all purchasing and invoicing activity.
• Prepare financial statements and other reports in accordance with established procedures.
• Establish, interpret and analyze accounting records.
• Establish and prepare standard budget variance reporting.
• Ensure accurate “real-time” reporting.
• Develop, evaluate and assist in implementing financial procedures to maintain fiscal accountability, integrity and proper control.
• Lead processes to ensure compliance with statutory requirements, policies and procedures and guidelines including reports to IRS, Labor Departments and other governing bodies.
• Coordinate annual audit and 990 preparations as lead liaison with external accounting firm.
• Oversee group exemption requirements.
• Stay current on changing accounting standards and best practices including summarizing impact to the Organization.
• Analyze business transactions and contracts for appropriate accounting treatment.
• Serve as a Girls on the Run role model, exhibiting GOTR core values and working to help achieve the GOTR mission.
• Develop positive relationships with council directors, volunteers, board members, community members and staff.
• Commitment to excellent customer service.
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Chief Financial Officer.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or minimum of 10 years’ equivalent experience.
• 5 years’ experience leading an accounting department.
• 5 years’ experience managing coordinator/specialist level staff.
• Cost accounting, job allocations or functional expense allocations experience.
• Experience working with multiple business lines and/or divisions.
• Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple priorities.
• Strong excel skills (VLOOKUP, PivotTables, INDEX MATCH, CONCATENATE, etc).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Enjoys problem-solving.
• Experience using Microsoft Office products.
• Passion for empowering girls to reach their limitless potential.
• CPA highly favored
• NetSuite experience
• This position is offering a compensation range of $75,000-$80,000 depending on experience.
• This position is located in the Girls on the Run International office in Charlotte, NC. Girls on the Run International offers a generous PTO plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, paid medical leave, 401k plan with employer match and professional development opportunities.