Assistant Account Executive – PR
At Butin, our goal is to help our clients Be Remarkable. We are a mid-sized PR, marketing and communications agency specializing in food & beverage, travel & leisure and lifestyle & consumer brands with offices in Charlotte, North Carolina and St. Simons Island, Georgia. We are recognized for our long-term partnerships with national brands and organizations. Last year, we were named a Small PR Firm of the Year finalist by PR News, a Top Travel and Top Food & Beverage agency by O’Dwyer’s and have been named four times to the University of Georgia “Bulldog 100” nationwide list of fastest-growing U.S. companies (2012-2016). We were also the recipient of a 2018 Queen City PR Award of Excellence in Integrated Communications, as well as a 2018 PR News Platinum PR Award in the Blog category for our execution of client campaigns. We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial group of creative thinkers that value excellence, service and hard work.
Who we are looking for:
This position calls for a detail-oriented, high-energy, PR and social media enthusiast who is an avid learner and consumer of media and popular culture. Our ideal candidate has at least 1 year of PR and/or social media experience (can include internship work). To excel at this role, this person must be excited by the ever-changing world of media, enjoy problem-solving and view challenges as opportunities. This position requires a can-do, never quit attitude, a resilient, positive demeanor and an extreme dedication to finishing tasks on-time with high personal accountability.
You will love this position if you:
• Are highly organized and have a knack for details.
• Have high energy and are an independent thinker.
• View a loss or challenge as motivating.
• Are passionate about building a career in PR.
• Have been told you are an excellent writer and communicator.
• Love learning and trying new things.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Like working independently and also with a team.
• Have high personal accountability, as well as excellent time management and prioritization skills.
• 1+ year of PR and/or social media experience required (can include internship experience).
• Bachelor’s Degree in PR, Communications, Marketing or related field of study.
• Working knowledge of social media platforms and content creation, graphic design experience and amateur photography skills a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Appetite for learning, growing and trying new things.
• Confident, professional, polished presence.
• Good sense of humor with a positive, resilient attitude.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
• Simple IRA with 3% contributed by employer.
• Heath/Dental/Vision Insurance with 80% contributed by employer.
• Generous paid holiday and vacation offering.
• Summer Friday program.
• Cell phone reimbursement.
• Free parking.
Email cover letter, resume (including cumulative and major GPAs), 2-3 relevant writing and work samples to email@example.com.