Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
The Coordinator, Sports Marketing is part of the College Networks team, a team that supports ACC Network, SEC Network and Longhorn Network and is based in Charlotte, NC. This specific position will support the ACC Network brand team in the development and execution of marketing strategies and multi-platform promotional plans in addition to providing support for the College Networks team. The position reports to the Manager, Sports Marketing – ACC Network.
• Assist in the development of ACC Network marketing strategy and promotional plans and lead all campaign execution.
• Manage day-to-day relationships with external and internal creative partners including the planning and management of full timeline.
• Assist with the day-to-day management of College Networks marketing strategies and plans including; scheduling and delivery of marketing assets with Media partners, member-institution communication and toolkit development, affiliate campaign development and asset delivery, coordinate creative requests and projects, facilitate content and video footage gathering, footage and music clearances, work with production feature producers and event coordinating producers as needed, maintain marketing budget and process all invoices/payments to vendors, create, collaborate and contribute to social media efforts and coordinate and support Marketing activations.
• Pre-production and production logistics and timelines supporting live action and photography shoots.
• Provide detailed performance analysis of all Marketing plans and initiatives.
• Be the resident College Sports expert.
• Minimum of 1 year of related marketing/advertising required with an understanding of marketing fundamentals, including strategic and creative development, creative evaluation and budget management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (copywriting experience a plus).
• Effective time management and organizational skills – ability to prioritize and multi-task on a high profile, high volume portfolio.
• Strong work ethic. Must be self-motivated and able to take the initiative to get the job done.
• Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation of ESPN’s unique brand voice.
• Is a passionate sports fan with a comprehensive knowledge of College Sports.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Holds self and others accountable for creative and executional excellence.
• Embraces and is passionate about social media. Has knowledge and understanding of all social media platforms.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Adobe Suite experience desired.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.