Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to design and develop learning solutions that result in achievement of defined performance objectives. This includes responsibility for planning, organizing and developing learning solutions to meet targeted business needs. This role is critical to Lowe’s as it impacts the effectiveness of development solutions needed by associates to serve the customer and perform effectively.
• Gathers and analyzes quantitative and qualitative data critical to solutions development.
• Leverages data to identify root causes of performance gaps.
• Designs and develops learning solutions that address root cause issues to drive business performance.
• Adheres to instructional design and development standards.
• Executes against agreed upon deadlines and milestones.
• Elevates risks that impact timelines.
• Partners with SMEs and vendors on instructional design standards and adult learning principles.
Education and experience:
• H.S. Diploma.
• 3+ years of demonstrated understanding and application of adult learning theory, instructional design (e.g. ADDIE, SAM).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Organizational Development, Human Resources or related field.
• 0-1+ years of demonstrated understanding and application of adult learning theory, instructional design (e.g. ADDIE, SAM).
• Ability to effectively communicate and respond situationally/appropriately.
• Master’s Degree Education, Instructional Design, Organizational Development, Human Resources, Industrial-Organization Psychology or related field.
• Experience with multiple design modalities- e-learning, classroom, virtual, gamification, etc.
• Related industry certifications or credentials- e.g. PHR, ATD Certifications.
• Experience designing solutions for a large geographically dispersed workforce.
• Experience with instructional design authoring tools e.g, Captivate, Articulate, Xyleme, etc.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.