Branch Mortgage Loan Coordinator
Mortgage Loan Coordinator (MLC) is responsible for providing support to the assigned Platinum Club MLO. The roles and assignments are reviewed on an annual basis. The primary focus of the position is to manage the clerical/administrative and loan processing duties of the Sales Office. A MLC may be the initial point of contact for a customer and must be able to effectively communicate to the customer, including receiving information from a customer who may be a potential sale opportunity for the Platinum Club MLO. Tasks include managing the loan process, including collecting additional documents as required by underwriting in order to insure timely closing of loans.
In addition, a MLC may input loan application data provided. However, a MLC cannot take applications, quote rates or sell products. They will serve as a liaison for the loan center and the customer. Mortgage knowledge is utilized by managing appraisal/values, title forms, certifications and other mortgage documents. MLCs are responsible for distributing marketing materials, this may include a weekly newsletter and/or quarterly newsletter.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
• Understands and comprehends the Mortgage Loan Process through closing.
• Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills including a fundamental understanding of MS applications, database management.
• Capable of pursuing Bank of America resources and how to access them.
• Ability to build and sustain relationships with customers through marketing techniques.
• Familiar with FHA and HUD guidelines.
• Government Processing Experience.
• Mortgage sales and processing experience.
• Maintain mortgage knowledge.
• Keep current on policies and procedures.