Executive Assistant (HIRED)
Duties and responsibilities:
• Establish and manage structures and processes that enable the Chief Executive Officer to be most effective. Perform and oversee administrative support duties and facilitate operations to allow ease of performance for the CEO.
• Assist CEO in ensuring that Board members are kept up-to-date for all meetings and important issues. Coordinate any necessary logistics for all Board and Committee meetings including sending invitations and reminders, packet preparation and distributing materials, reserving and preparing conference rooms, attending meetings, recording meeting minutes, providing food and beverages and assisting with technology.
• Keep Board documents, including the Board Committee and Task Force roster, Board Term Limits Spreadsheet and Board Candidate Spreadsheet up-to-date. Maintain organized files of Board and Committee minutes.
• Maintain the CEO’s calendars, meetings, appointments, travel schedule and call management. Work with other staff as needed to ensure that the CEO and Board have everything they need for meetings and other events. Receive and screen incoming phone calls to the CEO as directed.
• Responsible for deposits, managing the gift entry, reports and acknowledgments.
• Manages the month-end closing procedures including expense management, revenue reports and database entry/imports into iMIS.
• Serves as the first line of communication to key stakeholders including the point of contact for board members, donor inquiries and team event parent communication. Understands and commits to a customer-oriented approach to service delivery.
• Coordinate logistics for staff communications, meetings and activities. Assist with travel arrangements and expense management.
• Prepare draft reports and/or correspondence as directed. Edit proofs as needed.
• Reviews operating practices and procedures to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures or expenditures.
• Maintains the office by answering phone calls, routing mail, management of office supplies, inventory management, shipping, solicitation licenses and serves as liaison to Pi Kappa Phi on all office management issues.
• The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
• Gift Processing Coordinator and Volunteers.
• Individual must have strong written and verbal communications skills and be a self-starter with a strong eye for the details.
• Candidates will have experience with research, compiling reports and have event planning experience. Successful candidates provide high-level administrative support and have the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors.
• Professionalism and confidentiality are required at all times.
• Experience with all Microsoft products and database management is required.
Education and experience:
• Previous experience as an executive assistant is highly preferred.
• A bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, journalism or human services is preferred and/or a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.