Senior Marketing Manager
Ditch the dog guilt with Skipper, a rapidly-growing, on-demand dog walking service bringing peace of mind to every pet owner. With same-day scheduling, GPS tracking and pet photos after every visit, Skipper provides an unparalleled level of convenience, accountability and trustworthiness through a tech-enabled platform and a trained and vetted team of pet care professionals.
Skipper is looking for a leader to help plan, manage and execute our B2B and B2C marketing strategy. This role is responsible for the following.
• Managing our marketing team.
• Conducting marketing research.
• Implementing marketing strategies.
• Conducting performance analysis.
You’ll build and execute go-to-market growth strategies for both our B2C and B2B existing and emerging verticals and serve as an ambassador of our company values and culture.
You’ll manage our marketing team and local community managers and oversee all marketing initiatives to successfully achieve growth targets.
The ideal candidate is an outgoing, hands-on, highly motivated, reliable, relationship-driven leader with a proven ability to work in a small team and promote a community-focused business.
What you’ll do:
• Be accountable for the marketing budget and growth targets for Charlotte, Austin and Dallas, address underperforming areas and refine goals as the business matures.
• Stay ahead of marketing trends while creating effective, on-brand and compellingly positioned messaging and sales tools.
• Execute marketing campaigns and analyze performance that leverage behavioral interest profiling to drive new client acquisition and sales revenue.
• Manage the build-out and growth of strategic, community-driven partnerships and oversee the tactical execution of those relationships.
• Partner with the product team to effectively launch product and service offerings that enable us to grow even faster.
• Work closely with our operations, hiring and product teams to run marketing experiments, surface insights and develop client acquisition and engagement strategies through new and existing high-traction, client acquisition channels.
• Collaborate to create, launch and track performance of marketing campaigns across all our markets.
• Develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
• Demonstrate effective management of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the organization.
• Execute online and offline marketing initiatives, integrating online and new media, email, print, direct mail, social media, company websites, SEM/SEO strategy development, brand awareness and drip market campaigns.
What we’d love to see:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• 5-7 years of progressive marketing experience.
• Experience with local and digital marketing.
• Experience managing a remote team.
• You’re a dynamic relationship-builder, you get your energy from engaging with people and you’re adept at quickly building rapport and a solid network.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment.
• Love of dogs and excitement about becoming proficient in animal behavior.
• Analytically-minded and detail oriented with outstanding communications skills.
• You’re always learning, growing and eager to become more self-aware and expand your capabilities.
• You’re data-driven with a test-and-iterate approach, you believe in our mission and are ready to roll up your sleeves to bring better dog walking to market.
• You’re decisive, metrics-driven and can build trust with a wide range of audiences.
• You have experience growing a business in a leadership capacity.
• You lead with integrity, you’re quick to take responsibility for mistakes and share your wins with the team.
• Competitive compensation with health benefits, unlimited PTO plan, free lunches and swag.