Multimedia Design Specialist
Designing and preparing high-quality and appropriate digital materials to meet the needs of various clients within the college, including interactive electronic displays, animations with some print-design.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Creates captivating multimedia projects for the college, to include animation and other specialty design elements for email, web, mobile, social media channels and on-campus interactive and static displays within the college branding guidelines.
• Ability to produce across existing platforms (digital, print, mobile) as well as be responsive to emerging technologies/trends.
• Produces traditional print marketing including text, photos, art and graphic elements, designs and conceptualizes promotional and informational print material for the college.
• Proofs materials for grammatical typographical and factual errors and provides proofs for client evaluation.
• Works with Digital Communications Team to support usage of photography and graphics on cpcc.edu. Ensures adherence to established web style guides and ADA accessibility.
• Completes pre-press functions, orders supplies and prepares work orders for print jobs.
• Assists Digital Strategy (web) team in marketing and as needed on special events and projects.
• May participate in interviews for hiring full and part-time employees.
• Supports on-campus committees for event planning, professional conferences.
• Actively contribute to the culture of communication, collaboration and creativity in the department
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and characteristics:
• Strong communications skills.
• Computer and office skills.
• Understanding of graphic design and printing.
• Attention to detail.
• Knowledge of printing process.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.