Marketing & Communications Strategy and Insights serves as the strategic consulting and project arm of Marketing & Customer Engagement Department. The team is responsible for understanding consumer behavior, marketing and communication challenges and trends and forming proactive, fact-driven recommendations and points of views that impact strategic decisions and future marketing investments.
The Marketing Communications Strategy Manager is specifically responsible for the following:
• Evaluating and onboarding multiple marketing strategy projects and tactics.
• Scope and lead projects to measure prospect and customer engagement/satisfaction.
• Identify areas of risk and opportunity for revenue and NPS (Net Promoter Score) growth.
• Maintain strong relationships and working with cross-functional teams and SME’s on setting and delivering innovative strategy that can be implemented within the business through existing or newly proposed marketing channels.
• Dedicated focus on writing “points of views” or POVs and other strategy documents that can be delivered to marketing professionals to support their campaigns.
• Strategize, consult and support new product and marketing campaign opportunities.
• Lead and collaborate with cross functional teams on multiple marketing strategy projects such as Sponsorship Marketing, Customer Engagement and Loyalty Marketing, Nomenclature Architecture, Customer Consent etc.
• Review, read and study internal and external research and marketing trends that help support assigned marketing strategy project.
• Document, publish and present written Point of Views (POVs) to key stakeholders
• Evaluate new marketing projects and participate in other organizations new products or projects that need defined marketing strategy.
• Bachelor degree from a four-year college or university. Areas of specialization in Marketing, Communications, Business, Management. (Other areas may be considered along with relevant experience) AND 3+ years of like work experience OR;
• 7+ years of like work experience in lieu of a degree.
• MBA or equivalent experience.
• Comprehensive business and marketing acumen.
• Understanding of utility regulatory environment.
• Strong project management and organizational skills. Ability to keep stakeholders informed and updated on marketing proejcts and goals.
• Capable of building, developing and maintaining positive working relationships with executives, key clients and subject matter experts while working in a team environment.
• Ability to perform independently and meet critical milestones with minimal supervision.
• Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills required.
• Demonstrated expertise in working with timelines, budgets and project management.
Well qualified candidates will meet the basic educational requirements but also have successful experience with leading and writing strategic marketing plans, developing innovative customer segment focused marketing campaigns and tracking and communicating the success metrics and key learnings of the marketing initiative or campaign. The individual in this position will work alongside other marketing and communication managers, consumer insights managers and business unit managers on special strategy projects and internal initiatives that deliver value and growth back to multiple business units within Duke Energy.