Design Manager, Office of the CEO
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit our website.
Manager of the Office of the CEO supports internal and external matters pertaining to the CEO. Manager of the Office of the CEO must be creative and enjoy working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will be an exceptional team player especially as it relates to the creative work of the department and will and will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills and the ability to maintain a balance among multiple competing priorities. The candidate is a champion of visual storytelling and demonstrates ability to provide creative solutions that graphically depict the work of the CEO and executive leadership team. The individual also executes best practices for following creative direction, incorporating team comments, naturally learning and applying editorial standards. Manager of the Office of the CEO will need to have the ability to work independently and/or in collaboration with the others and must be able to work under pressure at time to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with utmost discretion.
• Serves as a representative for Atrium Health and for the CEO, helping coordinate and execute System-wide initiatives and providing excellent service in all interactions.
• Completes a broad variety of tasks for the CEO including: managing activities in support of an extremely active calendar of appointments.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office with internal departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
• Collaborates with the Director(s) and other department leadership, develops strategic annual plans and programs that effectively integrate with enterprise strategies that are measurable in design and metric in execution.
• Manages multiple project task/segments at one time. Keeps supervisor apprised of progress toward deadlines and issues.
• Provides insight and understanding of issues impacting progress and devises and implements solutions to keep on track / accelerate progress. Demonstrates willingness to adapt methods and change course as circumstances require.
• Contributes to major components of deliverables with minimal editing required, organizes communication thoughtfully.
• Understands risk management and participates in the creation of solutions.
• Contributes to inventory of available data sources and identifies and validates data sources not previously used.
• Applies understanding of industry trends to projects and exhibits curiosity about trends and their anticipated future impact. Understands scope of entire project, devises component tasks and assures they are completed.
• Communicates with department teammates and supervisor on a daily basis, helping with projects as needed.
• Interfaces with departments across the organization, with senior staff and with other critical functions staff as needed and as appropriate on issues and matters related to the goals and priorities of the organization.
• Manages the day-to-day workloads, priorities, time management and projects of team members and assists with troubleshooting, crises and conflicts in their areas. Assists in training new associates.
• Actively addresses self-development needs and demonstrates role model behavior and decision-making skills.
• Possesses project budget management skills.
• Demonstrates a team player attitude and a positive approach to maintain collaboration across all work units within the department.
• Acts as back up to Director(s) in various internal and external meetings and roles as needed.
• Work primarily in office environment.
• Occasional evening and weekend work.
• Position requires walking around campus and/or other facilities.
• Must be able to drive and have access/use of a personal vehicle.
• Requires reading materials, speaking clearly on the telephone and operating computer keyboard.
• Occasional lifting of documents or supplies.
Education, experience and certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience required.
• Must be able to work quickly under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at once.
• Excellent written and verbal skills required.
• Ability to set clear goals and execute projects from start to finish.
• Expertise in PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Word and a strong portfolio demonstrating innovative, solid work.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer.