Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Girls on the Run International is the headquarters operation of over 200 Councils in 50 states that serve 200,000+ girls a year and engage 100,000+ volunteers. Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Development and consistent with the mission of Girls on the Run International, the Grant Writer is responsible for establishing and cultivating relationships with current and potential foundation(s) to increase foundation giving, achieve mutual goals and build long-term, transformative relationships. The Grant Writer will identify, plan, write, prepare and present grant proposals and accompanying materials (including budgets and timelines), as well as complete appropriate follow-through and stewardship for awarded grants.
This position is offering a compensation of $20-$22/hour as well as a generous PTO plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, paid medical leave, 401k plan with employer match and professional development opportunities. This position is a 30 hours per week and is located in the Girls on the Run International office in Charlotte, NC.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Achieve annual grant revenue goal.
• Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundation, government and corporate sources.
• Maintain case documentation, updating as needed for the most current and accurate language describing Girls on the Run projects and programs.
• Perform ongoing research to qualify prospects for foundation, government and corporate grants.
• Maintain an accurate and up-to-date account of grant makers, tracking prospects, solicitations, follow-up, funding, meeting notes, reporting and research.
• Focus on securing support for organization-wide priorities that include unrestricted annual support and program and special project support.
• Collaborate with internal staff to identify department needs for funding.
• Manage relationships with grantors.
• Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
• Develop resources and materials to assist GOTR councils in securing grant funding.
• Nurture and support a caring, results-oriented culture that embraces personal responsibility, performance and quality.
• Exemplify the Girls on the Run core values with others to advance the organization’s mission.
• Maintain high standard of integrity and ensure security of confidential information.
• Work independently as well as a part of cross-functional teams.
• Develop positive relationships with council directors, volunteers, board members, community members and staff.
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Director, Council Management, Western Division.
• 3+ years of proven success writing and winning grants.
• Analytical and persuasive writing skills as well as superior editing skills, including ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
• Self-motivated with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
• Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines without sacrificing quality.
• Strong customer service skills with excellent follow-up and follow-through.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and leverage those relationships to cultivate additional opportunities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Enthusiasm combined with a genuine commitment to and passion for the mission of Girls on the Run.
Application deadline is March 29th, 2019