Director of Employer Brand & Community Relations
By trade we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you we are a people company. As the industry leader in Accounts Payable (AP) Automation, AvidXchange strives to provide an innovative and collaborative work environment. We do that through focusing on our people, our culture and ensuring we run our business in a way that enables every employee to achieve their fullest potential and help us create a world-class company. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game,” “Passion About Customer Success,” “Win as a Team,” and “Have a Blast.” Whether you live in Charlotte and can enjoy our corporate campus at the AvidXchange Music Factory or you live across the country, AvidXchange has locations waiting for you. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Love where you work. Live Avidly.
In this critical role, you will support AvidXchange’s goal to be an employer of choice by partnering with our Human Resources team (including Talent Acquisition, Talent Development and Teammate Communications) to carefully cultivate the AvidXchange employer brand and building and maintaining effective relationships that impact our image in the communities where we live, work and find new AvidXchange team members. You will devise and implement an overall employer brand marketing campaign that cuts across the marketing spectrum, from social to digital to print (earned and paid). You will also develop a community relations marketing strategy that engages external organizations, local governments and high-value community stakeholders and raises awareness of the AvidXchange brand.
Additionally, you will be responsible for managing employee and community participation in the AvidXchange Foundation. AvidXchange formed the Foundation to make a difference in children’s lives. We enable employees who are passionate about helping others give back to the community and live our core value, “Have a Blast,” along the way. You will be responsible for growing this initiative and leading day-to-day management of the Foundation.
You enjoy interacting with employees across the company and playing an active role in your community. You can connect at all levels from executives to day-to-day users and are skilled at communicating the value and mission of your organization. You have a passion for making a positive impact on the lives of those around you and you are skilled at inspiring others to take action.
• Partnering with Human Resources, develop and run an employer branding campaign that integrates earned, owned and paid media.
• Leverage events, email marketing and other tactics to build a pipeline for talent acquisition.
• Lead paid and owned social media efforts for talent acquisition.
• Partner with Human Resources to ensure that all teammate branding and the overall employee experience aligns to the AvidXchange employer brand.
• Develop and lead a community relations program across all five AvidXchange office locations to promote the mission and vision of AvidXchange, position us as an employer of choice, build community engagement and national awareness for the brand.
• Facilitate the engagement of senior executives and key staff in relevant community events, providing as needed support with presentations, onsite materials etc.
• Develop a lead tracking system to capture and pull talent that engages with AvidXchange at local events through the talent acquisition funnel.
• Create a vision and scale the Avid Foundation in conjunction with the hyper growth of the business.
• Increase awareness of the AvidXchange Foundation via events, internal and external communications, social media, etc.
• Develop and maintain metrics to evaluate our engagement in local community relations.
• Travel – 20%, including networking events outside of normal work hours.
Areas of impact
• Increase brand awareness for AvidXchange.
• Positively impact the communities in which AvidXchange operates.
• Promote employee and community involvement in local community events.
Experience and qualifications:
• 7-10 years of relevant experience.
• Bachelor degree, preferably in marketing, communications, non-profit management, public policy or related field.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and think quickly.
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.