Retail Sales Manager
Pet Wants is looking for a Retail Store Manager to be a part of this health and nutrition driven pet store. This position will be an asset in the growth of our stores. The Retail Store Manager will also be vital to the success of an aggressive set of goals in the store and at events. The Retail Store Manager is responsible for the overall management and execution of operational and management functions designed to maximize sales and profitability.
Pet Wants is a natural health food store for pets. We pride ourselves in helping pet parents improve the lives of their pets through our natural fresh pet food, treats, supplements and apothecaries. Customers have access to our products at our Store/Kitchen in South End, our second location (soon to open) in Optimist Hall, free local delivery and at events throughout Charlotte and surrounding cities. As the Store Manager, you will be at the front line of this effort. Our foods are made fresh every month and delivered directly to pet owners across the Charlotte area. Our store/kitchen, located in South End is where the action happens, deliveries, preparation and events all take place here.
• Recruit, train and develop a successful sales team.
• Motivate, lead and actively manage a team.
• Evaluate staffing levels to maintain maximum productivity and sales effectiveness.
• Ensure that employee time is effectively and efficiently used.
• Use your passion for exceptional service to inspire your team to excellence through extensive training, coaching and mentoring.
• Guide the team to achieving success in measurable goals specific to sales volume and return business.
• Provide guidance to your store associates on catering to the specific needs of each potential customer who enters the store.
• Develop and maintain schedules for two locations as well as monthly events.
• Must be able to conceptualize, construct and execute plans to drive foot traffic, average ticket sales and other assigned sales goals.
• Work with owner to merchandise and update the store, displays and product messaging on a weekly/daily basis to make our shop the best it can be.
• Check stock daily and restock when necessary to ensure that all products are available for customers.
• Must also be able to make recommendations for weekly inventory ordering and forecasting.
• Maintain a clean and organized store and set high expectations for sales associates for cleanliness and organization.
• Maintain inventory by implementing purchasing plans and inventory through our POS.
• Report accurate sales information and insightful analysis on a weekly basis.
• Manage all aspects of store operations.
• Maintain a safe work environment.
• Follow all loss prevention practices and protect company assets.
• Organize stock room.
• Maintain store appearance.
• Work directly with the owner on projects, sales incentives and any areas that may need attention.
• Apply the Pet Wants Philosophy to all customer and associate interactions.
• Excellent customer service skills so you can jump in and work with customers to fill gaps and see how they interact with our brand and products first hand.
• Work with vendors and staff to lower costs while maintaining our margins providing our customers with top quality products at reasonable prices.
• Provide world-class customer service by building quality relationships with customers and following up on all customer requests and concerns in a timely manner.
• Providing a fun, full-service shopping experience to all our two and four-legged customers.
• Stay informed of current pet nutrition trends.
Qualifications and skills:
•First and foremost you are a pet lover with the desire to improve pets lives through health and nutrition. You have a positive and kind demeanor with a can-do attitude. You want to learn and share your knowledge with others.
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school in Business or related field preferred.
• 5+ years of retail with at least 2 years in retail management experience.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Strong understanding of retail practices and customer service techniques.
• Computer skills to include the operation of retail POS, CRM and productivity software.
• Organized, energetic, responsible, detail-oriented, service-minded and honest.
• Flexibility and resilience to manage day-to-day variations and adapt to the ever-changing atmosphere.
• Ability to climb, reach, bend, lift up to 55 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
• Effective interpersonal, leadership and verbal/written communication skills.
• Self-motivation and a driven attitude.
• This is a full-time position.
• Offering PTO, Bonus Program, Health Care Credit, awesome product discounts and all the licks and whiskers kisses from our four-legged customers that you can handle.