Conference Services Supervisor
McGuireWoods has a need for a Conference Services and Hospitality Supervisor in our Charlotte, NC office. The Conference Services and Hospitality Supervisor is responsible for overseeing office meetings and events, both during and after business hours and on occasional weekends. This is a working Supervisor position and it is responsible for creating and maintaining new and existing caterer and vendor relationships and coordinating and organizing all food and beverage and set-up needs for attorneys and staff. This position also works in tandem with all Conference Rooms/Center employees, some of whom may be outsourced, to ensure the area is appropriately maintained for use at any time. This position is equal parts conference room floor support – setting up beverages and catered meals for meetings and events and administrative work – maintaining correspondence (via phone and email) with attorneys and practice assistants as well as catering companies and vendors to coordinate meeting/event details, maintain a calendar with meeting/event details as well as organized files of billing codes, invoices and vendor information, electronically enter billing and invoices.
• Monitors and reviews the activities scheduled in the Conference Rooms/Center to ensure an overall exceptional client experience.
• Coordinates hosted meetings and special events within Conference Rooms/Center from inception to conclusion.
• Ensures all aspects and details of hosted meetings and events are seamlessly coordinated with supporting departments or staff: Reception, Facilities, Audio/Visual, Ricoh, Practice Assistants, Paralegals, Attorneys.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with caterers and applicable vendors. The Supervisor will be the main point of contact for any meeting or special event caterer or vendor need.
• Maintains the overall appearance and continuity of the Conference Rooms/Center. Ensures housekeeping, facility, supply and food and beverage standards are continually evaluated and appropriately maintained.
• Monitors electronic room reservation program (RoomTracker) for scheduled meetings and events within Conference Rooms/Center and all other conference/project rooms.
• Maintains and ensures high standards for proper food handling, sanitation and safety.