Are you passionate about data? Do you find it rewarding to present business insights in a clear, effective manner? Do you find it necessary to back your opinions up with concrete, well-documented facts? Xceleration is an industry-leading provider of incentive and recognition solutions for corporations looking to drive the performance of their employees, dealers or customers. We utilize our proprietary web-based software platform as a starting point, customizing for each client to maximize results against their objectives. We are currently seeking a Data Engineer to join our growing Charlotte-based team.
• Working hands-on with program-related data in order to identify trends and make recommendations, as well as to research inquiries.
• Assisting with conceptualization of all relevant and requested program performance reporting.
• Create solutions for maintaining data integrity and database efficiency.
• Demonstrate a foundational understanding of the client environment and overall project scope.
• Create enhancements to existing data model and related platforms.
• Identify and solve problems using analysis, experience and judgment.
• Independently perform tasks with some guidance to execute a portion of the project scope.
• Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for database development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients and other stakeholders.
• Assist in planning and implement capacity and resource expansion to ensure scalability of company databases.
• Work with the data analytics team to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
• Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
Ideal candidates will have:
• 5-7 years of experience working with either MS SQL, Oracle, Data warehousing or relevant experience.
• Practical understanding Software Development Life Cycle/Software Life Cycle Management.
• Fluency in: SQL Server syntax and the Microsoft BI stack; Specifically, SQL Server Integration Services for ETL operations, SSRS report generation and SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular and/or Cube data modeling and associated syntaxes (DAX,MDX).
• Proficiency in: MySQL syntax, data warehousing techniques and best practices, SSMS database management.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• A strong focus on personal accountability and honest communication with a willingness to admit and learn from mistakes.
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to embrace alternative points of view, approach problems with ambitious curiosity and a willingness to take appropriate risks.
• Strong focus on process efficiency and driving continuous improvement.
You’re not here to fill a vacant cog in our wheel. You’ll be here to improve the skills, efficiency and effectiveness of our team. You’ll bring new characteristics, new experiences, new perspectives and new ideas to our clients. We expect you to disrupt the status quo, we expect you to solve problems with original, just plain cool solutions, but most of all, we expect you to have fun!
A little more about the company you’ll be working for: Xceleration is a rapidly growing powerhouse with an engaging culture focused on creative thinking, innovation and get-things-done mentality. Our beautiful office in Charlotte, NC offers an exceptional working environment that is both fun and casual, yet hard-working and diligent at the same time. Promoting spontaneous collaboration, our open-office concept includes open working pods with adjustable-height desks, large 4K high-def monitors, your choice of Mac or PC, ergonomic furniture, transitional lighting for optimal ocular health, open and private coworking spaces and a kitchen that includes a fridge, microwave, coffee and espresso machine, complimentary carbonated beverages and a healthy snack machine.
We believe in work-life balance. We offer competitive perks including the ability to shine on small, dynamic teams, company-paid Holidays, generous PTO, flextime, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability benefits, 401(k) and retirement planning, complimentary parking, team lunches on major project milestones, open-door management and HR policy and transparent career advancement planning.
But our biggest perk is our genuine appreciation for your time and commitment to our collective success. We call this Motivation Architecture and it just so happens that this is our bread-and-butter. Our clients aren’t the only ones who reap the benefits of our Recognition by Design, Motivation by Design, Culture by Design and Travel by Design programs, products and services, but our work fam does too. You’ll use our proprietary reward and recognition software RewardStation to give and earn points that can be used toward catalog items, a simple yet effective thank you for a job well done. The Motivation Architects on our Employee Engagement Team deliver a custom catalog tailored to everyone at Xceleration and unlike other lame HR reward and recognition programs, we source items you actually want like an Apple iPhone XR, Organic Honey from the Czech Republic, a Personalized Backstage VIP Meet-and-Greet with your favorite musician or athlete or even an all-inclusive concierge trip at a premier resort and spa in Zermatt, Switzerland.