Internship – SEO Marketing (Summer 2019)
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name. We’ve now expanded to be the leading online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans, insurance and business loans. Millions of customers engage with us through the My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
Our former Summer Interns will tell you, LendingTree’s Internship Program is selective, challenging and structured to push the limits of what they thought they could do – and they wouldn’t want it any other way. Are there easier ways to spend the summer? Of course. But a LendingTree Internship will help you land a great job once you graduate – maybe even with LendingTree.
If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place.
Here’s what you can expect:
• Real work. If you’re getting coffee at LendingTree it’s because you want a cup for yourself. You’ll be doing professional level work that will have a real impact on the business. You’ll be a critical member of your team.
• Training. Sure you’ll learn a ton as you contribute to your team but you’ll also go through specific training on creating a great resume and LinkedIn profile, getting interviews and nailing them, how to give a great presentation and more.
• You’re not alone. You’ll be assigned a Mentor outside of your department who will guide you and mentor you throughout the summer.
• End of summer presentation. At the end of the summer every Intern will make a PPT presentation to Executives that will include a summary of what you accomplished, what you learned and 2 things that will either make the company money or save the company money.
What you’ll be doing:
• Conduct keyword discovery and competitive research.
• Assist in content research and publishing.
• Learning fundamental SEO best practices for Local and National applications.
• Make small changes to our website.
How you’ll be contributing:
• Assistance with day-to-day execution and reporting.
• Conduct competitive analysis, keyword research, run tests and more.
• Using your creativity and analytical skills to find opportunities.
• Brainstorming interesting and shareable content pieces.
• Coming up with creative solutions to problems and barriers.
• Very bright (3.7+ GPA required) undergrad student who will be between their Junior and Senior years or grad student between years 1 and 2 (GPA must be listed on your resume to be considered).
• Preferred majors include Digital Marketing, Marketing, Analytics, Computer Science, Business Administration or Economics.
• Very proficient in Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPs) and PowerPoint.
• Experience with WordPress.
• Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail.
• Willingness to roll up sleeves and get stuff done.
• We’re making a real difference in the financial lives of consumers. The work you’ll do here matters.
• Chance to work with top professionals that previously worked for other leading technology companies like Google, Apple, Microsoft and LinkedIn.
• Unique entrepreneurial environment filled with flip-flops, t-shirts and people that take their job seriously. We’re a start-up company in publicly traded suit. Read: we have a lot of fun and can afford the grown-up toys.
• Cool perks like $3 catered lunches Mon. – Thurs., free bagels every Fri. and on-site gym (employees are encouraged to workout during the day. “Is that true?” You bet your tone arms it is.
Each team member is asked to challenge the status quo, express their opinions and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our aggressive goals. We also have a lot of fun together! We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results-driven Superheros to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
*Note* Unfortunately, Summer Internships at LendingTree are not open to students who will require sponsorship now or at any point in the future. Thank you.