Talent Acquisition Specialist
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Serve as primary resource for all company recruiting.
• Proactively meet with division heads and hiring managers to understand their business and what they are looking for in their team members. Fully understand company history, strategy, benefits, culture and company story and be able to clearly articulate. Educate self to fully understand all the terminology associated with each open position to enable clear communication with candidate regarding expectations.
• Obtain position requisition forms from hiring managers, discuss recommended posting locations and pricing with hiring manager, post at all decided-upon locations.
• Discuss compensation package with hiring manager, coordinate with HR Coordinator to determine internal compensation for similar roles. Consider external compensation for comparison and discuss recommendations with hiring manager and EVP, Human Resources.
• Review all resumes for all positions, coordinate with hiring manager to determine candidates appropriate for initial interviews.
• Conduct initial interviews.
• Compile candidates for hiring manager for second interviews.
• Conduct background screenings and drug screenings at appropriate time in hiring process. Analyze results, make determination and communicate with hiring manager.
• Obtain written offer information, coordinate written offer process with hiring manager and HR coordinator.
• Send out regret letters in a timely manner to candidates not chosen. Regularly communicate with candidates on position status during the interview process.
• Update and maintain internal job positing, sending out to company every other week.
• Contact hiring managers every other week to review status of open positions, make any needed changes to recruiting process.
• Continually research recruiting resources, including social media. Work with PR and marketing teams to update social media messages and external content regarding recruiting. Coordinate quarterly meetings with these teams to brainstorm resources.
• Serve as primary company contact for all colleges and universities. Attend career fairs and college fairs for potential candidates. Develop strong relationships with colleges for recruiting.
• Manage summer intern process, discuss upcoming needs with division heads in timely manner and coordinate recruiting process with schools to obtain needed interns.
• Come up with creative ideas for recruiting candidates for all of our positions.
• Continually conduct informational interviews and keep organized database of candidates for future open positions.
• Ensure recruiting resources enable our company to consider all available candidates, adhere to our EEO policy and our Diversity and Inclusion policy.
• Maintain analytics, such as time to fill, etc. and demonstrate improvements to these numbers through recruiting methods.
• Travel for interviews as appropriate.
• Assisting with additional projects, as assigned.
Knowledge and critical skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 3-5 years in human resources, specifically recruiting, required.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Publisher required.
• Proven recruiting and interviewing skills.
• AVA certification preferred.
• Strong understanding of FCRA, EEO and human resources requirements.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong social media knowledge preferred.
Physical demands and environmental factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works in office setting.
• Works under moderate supervision.
• Frequently types and writes on computer and uses phone. Occasionally moves about to coordinate work.
• Frequently travels to other offices via car or plane.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.