A new concept named Pink Cactus Bar +Kitchen is now open in the space formerly occupied by Treehouse in SouthPark.
Pink Cactus will feature a new Southwest menu, 35 tequilas, sangria pitchers and a coffee bar. The 3,000-square-foot restaurant will have 200 seats, 12 big screen TVs, 22 bar seats and what they’re calling “one of the nicest and most inviting patios in all of Charlotte.”
According to a Pink Cactus press release, they’ve spent several weeks doing renovations “to entirely change the look and feel of the space.”
Note: The patio is currently under construction and will not open until 3/30. Additionally, Pink Cactus is open for dinner only tonight (Tuesday) and will have regular hours on Wednesday
RIP Treehouse: “Treehouse was successful, but in the restaurant world, there’s a time to update and refresh to give the market what it is looking for, and we believe Charlotte is looking for Pink Cactus,” said GM Bryan Godart. “I’m excited for Pink Cactus to offer a different vibe in SouthPark. We’ll have tequila. We’ll have cocktails, macarons and cappuccino and most (importantly), the best outdoor space in Charlotte.” Ownership of the restaurant and bar has not changed, just the concept.
Kind of odd: In additional to tequila and Southwest food, Pink Cactus also has a coffee and macaroon bar at the entry of the restaurant, which doubles as the hostess stand.
Hours: 11 a.m. to midnight Monday through Thursday; 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday; and 10:30 a.m. to midnight on Sunday. The exact address is 4423 Sharon Road (across the street from SouthPark mall).
[Agenda related guide: 17 best new restaurants in Charlotte]
Cocktail situation: Cocktails range from $12 to $14 and include: Watermelon Jalapeno Margarita – Espolon, Cointreau, watermelon, lime and jalapeno ($14); and their Pineapple Express – Plantation Rum, Campari, lime and Frangelico ($12).
The menu at Pink Cactus consists of 10 sharable plates, 6 salads, 7 tacos, 8 sandwiches and burgers and 7 larger entrees.
Notable dishes include (full menu):
- West Coast Ahi Tuna Nachos – sashimi grade tuna, slaw, watermelon, wasabi mayo and ponzu ($13)
- Sheet Pan Nachos – grilled asada, tri color chips, avocado cream, house queso, jalapenos and sour cream $12)
- Baja Salad – fresh greens, black bean salsa, avocado, queso fresco, grilled chicken, chipolte ranch ($13)
- Coffee Chicken Tacos – coffee rubbed smoked chicken meat, red cabbage slaw with pepper cream sauce ($7)
- Out N In Burger – two all beef patties, lettuce, tomato, house queso, pickle and secret sauce ($11)
- P.C. Burrito – roasted carnitas, red rice, black bean, greens, roasted red pepper cream and guacamole ($13)
- Ultimate Fajitas – grilled steak, grilled chicken breast, carnitas, shrimp and grilled veggies, served with red rice ($22)
- House Grilled Skewers – two kabobs loaded with grilled asada, grilled shrimp, tomato, fresh grilled veggies over cilantro lime rice ($22)
- Wood Grilled Salmon – grilled salmon, chili ginger glaze, served with roasted corn and spinach ($18)