Director of Development
Coordinates all aspects of design, financing and development of Grubb Properties multi-family development projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Assisting in the selection of sites for multifamily development to include market analysis and test fits.
• Managing the design process from inception through design development taking into consideration unit mix, core factor, amenity space and exterior building materials.
• Oversee the preparation of pro forma financial models and analysis in Excel for real estate development opportunities.
• Gathering and analyzing market information including sales and rent comparables, replacement costs, supply/demand fundamentals, capitalization rates and other underwriting assumptions.
• Assisting in the preparation of real estate transaction presentations, packages and analyses for the transaction team, the internal investment committee, investors, partners and lenders.
• Managing and evaluating all aspects of due diligence for new development opportunities, including obtaining third-party reports, performing rent and expense analyses and market comparable studies and reviewing any due diligence materials received from the seller.
• Coordinating entitlement processes, including meeting with municipality officials and conducting community outreach.
• Supporting the Investment and Finance division in the placement of debt financing for new development opportunities.
• Coordinating the services of project management, property management and accounting to successfully integrate the assets with the existing portfolio, including providing those teams with appropriate information and documentation and preparing asset business plans and strategies.
• Supporting transaction closings, including coordinating legal document preparation and execution, reviewing closing statements and coordinating closing funds.
• Remaining up-to-date with current market data, trends and industry news.
• Remaining involved with the new development projects from inception through the completion of the after action review.
Knowledge and critical skills:
• Bachelors degree in design required, 4-6 years experience in real estate development preferred.
• Proficient with Excel and financial modeling.
• Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills with an ability to understand how the parts fit into the larger picture.
• Exceptional oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
• Detail-orientation, excellent organizational skills and a strong sense of urgency.
• Positive attitude, integrity and reliability.
• Proactive, solution-oriented mindset with a focus on task management and completion.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, handle multiple concurrent large-scale projects with moderate supervision and work both independently and collaboratively.
Physical demands and environmental factors:
• Works in office setting under moderate supervision.
• Will use repetitive motion of hands and wrists in using computer.
• Occasionally moves about to coordinate work.
• Occasionally travels to off-site meetings and/or development/acquisition sites.
• Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.