Barings is a $303+ billion global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative solutions and exceptional service. Part of MassMutual, Barings maintains a strong global presence with over 1,800 associates and offices in 16 countries.
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
Barings is seeking an experienced communications professional to be its Chief Communications Officer. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of senior leadership and strategic communication skills, as well as the ability to work cross functionally on a variety of internal communications initiatives. This position will report directly to the CEO and have extensive interaction with Barings Executive Leadership Team.
• The Chief Communications Officer must have strong organizational and leadership abilities, superlative communication skills, strong digital and social media awareness, global launch and issues management experience and the poise to provide communications counsel to senior leaders.
• Provide strategic direction and leadership for Barings global communications activities, including overseeing internal communications and public relations professionals.
• Develop a comprehensive strategy for modernizing Barings communications platform, especially with respect to enhancing Barings use of social and digital media channels.
• Work cross-functionally to develop effective communications supporting the firm’s overall communications initiatives.
• Direct all internal and external communication for Barings with a focus on building our brand and communicating critical narratives to internal and external audiences.
• Work with our Executive leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
• Serve as a company spokesperson and lead point person on media and analyst interactions.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in a corporate communications, public relations or related position with demonstrated success. Experience working in a global enterprise is strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in Communications, Journalism or related discipline. Advanced degree or an MBA is a plus.
• Strong leadership skills with experience managing diverse and global communications teams.
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the development and execution of corporate and employee communications.
• Possess a strong vision for how earned and social media will evolve and can be leveraged in the financial services industry.
• Team player with the ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and lead cross-functional initiatives.
• Accomplished professional comfortable working with and advising senior level management on both internal and external strategic communications.
• Willing to travel extensively to effectively manage a global communications platform.
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.