Human Resources Generalist – Compensation (HIRED)
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates, PA (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 90 years is looking to add to their Human Resource team. We are currently looking for a Human Resource Generalist with a strong background in Compensation. The position is full-time, located in our main location in the South Park area of Charlotte, NC.
The HR Generalist role will have a heavy focus on Compensation. Providing compensation analytics support for CEENTA in North Carolina and South Carolina and will be responsible for performing job analysis, market surveys, cyclical department job evaluations, maintenance of the position data bank and related compensation reporting to meet current and future business needs. This role reports directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment and an employer matched 401(k). Join our team to provide exceptional patient care and employee customer service.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Evaluate job positions, determining classifications, exempt or non-exempt status and salary.
• Assist with determining cost impacts related to job assignments, promotions, demotions, salary schedule changes, etc.
• Maintain all supporting records and data, including applicant flow statistics for EEOC reporting.
• Conduct annual salary surveys to ensure competitive compensation for staff.
• Provide accurate and timely reports and communication to management, hiring managers, business leaders, etc.
• Work closely with the Finance, Human Resources and Employee Relations Departments to effectively facilitate compensation-related activities in support of organizational goals and objectives.
• Ensures compliance with Companies policies & procedures, safety, state and federal laws, regulations and standards and educates the business on affirmative action goals and diversity resourcing as appropriate.
• Ensure Company policies are administered fairly and consistently throughout the area of responsibility.
• Effectively communicate and execute necessary changes to policies and procedures.
• Provides consultation to managers and employees on state and federal regulations, collective agreements, benefits and compensation policies, personnel procedures and classification programs.
• Prepare compensation reports and recommendations by gathering, analyzing and summarizing compensation data and trend information.
• Conduct new hire and ongoing employee and supervisor training including policies and procedures and prevention of harassment and discrimination.
• Ensure timely and accurate entries to the HRIS database.
• Maintain employee records in compliance with state and federal requirements.
• Assist in the management and execution of bonus plans, merit processes and routine/special request reports.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Minimum of 2 years of Human Resources experience, to include 2-5 years of Compensation Administration experience.
• Demonstrated ability to positively influence all organizational levels.
• Experience, knowledge and understanding of Human Resources functions, programs and practices.
• Knowledge in all components of Compensation including job description development, job analysis, wage and salary trends, relationship management and due diligence.
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively use technology in daily work, including analyzing compensation data.
• Experience interacting with senior level business executives, ability to translate business initiatives into Compensation strategy and execution.
• Strong communication, organization, analytical and project management skills.
• Ability to manage competing demands and accept constructive feedback while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
• Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize own time.
• Understanding the value of providing outstanding customer service.
• Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
• Previous healthcare industry experience preferred.
• Experience working with ADP is a plus.