GOTR Charlotte Program Manager (HIRED)
Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Over 220 Councils in 50 states serve 200,000+ girls a year and engage close to 100,000 volunteers. Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
Reporting directly to the Director and consistent with the mission of Girls on the Run International, the Program Manager will oversee program site relations and program logistics for Girls on the Run of Charlotte in Cabarrus and Mecklenburg Counties.
Program management and development
• Oversee Girls on the Run programming, ensuring that goals for sites and participants are reached by;
• Develop growth strategies for the council, including geographic and program expansion.
• Meet with new sites to secure commitment for new programming.
• Communicate with current sites to recommit each season.
• Develop and implement strategies for recommitting sites that have lapsed in programming.
• Develop strategies to engage new sites in schools, churches and other appropriate locations.
• Lead all program logistics.
• Supporting all council trainings and coach meetings.
• Manage program registration, processing and dissemination of information to the Girls on the Run community.
• Support the Marketing and Events Coordinator in the distribution of all marketing materials to sites and coaches.
• Update RacePlanner and website as necessary.
• Manage council/site communications and relationships.
• Serve as main programmatic contact and communicate with all site liaisons, principals and site contacts. Streamline communications to ensure proper and strategic messaging is in sync.
• Manage council communications to parents, principals and site liaisons.
• Respond to all questions and concerns from parents, coaches and site liaisons in a timely fashion.
• Work with Director, Community Resources Manager and board members to ensure all program sites are delivering the curriculum properly. Troubleshoot and address any problems that may arise at any site.
• Utilizing the Board, Team Adelaide members and staff to perform site visits.
• Troubleshoot and address any problems that may arise at any site.
• Support the Director as necessary in conducting presentations to outside organizations and support the council achieve fund development goals with special events as needed.
• With staff assistance, contribute to the maintenance of the Girls on the Run databases.
• Implement the GOTRI strategic plan at the local level.
• Assist Marketing and Events Coordinator with preparing sites for 5K events
• With the support of the Marketing & Events Coordinator, oversee 5K Packet Pick-Up logistics
• Support the Director as necessary.
• Participate in pilots as deemed necessary by HQ or internally.
• Attend Regional and National trainings as needed.
• Develop positive relationships with volunteers, board members, community and staff.
• Serve as a role model for GOTR, exhibiting GOTR core values and mission.
• BA or BS degree a plus.
• Personal passion for the mission of GOTR.
• Excellent organization, multi-tasking, communications, collaboration and team participation skills.
• Detail-oriented and deadline-driven.
• Computer competence, including but not limited to: website and database maintenance and Microsoft Office Suite. In Design experience a plus.
• Day-time, evening and weekend hours, are required, according to scheduling demands.
Compensation and benefits:
• This position is offering a compensation range of $19 -$21/hour, depending on experience.
• Girls on the Run International offers a generous PTO plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, paid medical leave, 401k plan with employer match and professional development opportunities.