Marketing & Events Coordinator
Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Over 220 Councils in 50 states serve 200,000+ girls a year and engage close to 100,000 volunteers. Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
The Marketing and Events Coordinator works closely with the Director and GOTR Charlotte staff to ensure organized, high quality and smooth GOTR 5Ks and events, including the GOTR Summer Camp program. The Marketing and Events Coordinator leads the 5K Team and ensures the safe, fun, non-competitive run/walk events (one for North Charlotte and one for South Charlotte, twice per year) that embody the core values of Girls on the Run. This position is also responsible for the coordination and administration of GOTR Charlotte social media and marketing, as required by the Director.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Secure needed goods, services and vendor partnerships for annual 5k event.
• Oversee logistics and communications with race management company.
• Manage event registration, including set-up of online registration form and race day paper registration.
• Serve as the primary contact for all inquiries related to the Girls on the Run 5Ks.
• Solidify the date, time and location of the events and secure approvals from city, Parks Dept., etc. as necessary.
• Coordinate and lead regular committee meetings. Ensure excellent 5K-related communication among all staff and leads and model/maintain positive energy, enthusiasm and GOTR core values.
GOTR Summer Camp
• Coordinate logistics, marketing and registration process for summer camp program.
• Ensure all meals and supplies are ordered and delivered and activities are coordinated to meet GOTR standards.
• Serve as primary contact for camp information and liaison between site(s) council and camp families.
• Work with Community Resources Manager to ensure trained coaches are in place to execute summer programming.
• Develop and execute annual social media strategy, including but not limited to determining relevant and meaningful content for all social media outlets, coordinating posts and creating an annual content calendar while also ensuring season and event-related posts.
• Assist Program Manager with registration processing and other key initiatives as needed.
• Serve as a role model for Girls on the Run.
• Develop positive relationships with volunteers, community and staff.
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
• Experience with race or event management.
• Computer competence, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Data management system and email. Adobe suite knowledge is helpful.
• Outstanding communication skills in multiple environments and with a range of audiences (internal and external).
• Experience using all major social media platforms and supporting technology.
• Excellent relationship building skills.
• Strong leadership skills, ability to lead with energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude even under stress.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Passion for empowering girls to reach their limitless potential.
Benefits and compensation:
• This position is offering a compensation range of $16 -$18/hour, depending on experience.
• Girls on the Run International offers a generous PTO plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, paid medical leave, 401k plan with employer match and professional development opportunities.
The application deadline is March 18th, 2019