Benefits Manager (HIRED)
The Benefits Manager is responsible for daily management of Health and Welfare and Qualified Retirement Plans, leading operational compliance, ensuring continuity of employee support and communication. This role is also responsible for vendor administration on transactional workflws and is a lead consultative partner on administrative controls, vendor engagement and plan design and innovation. The Manager, Benefits participates in and prepares specific analysis and reporting utilizing these for exception management and continuous improvement. This role occupies a critical position in the development, validation and promotion of benefits strategies for the Company and its subsidiaries which comprise non-union and union teammates.
What success looks like:
• Support collective bargaining, preparation for and support of contract negotiation (due diligence), effects bargaining, grievance and arbitration and routine plan administration.
• Leads planning for both existing as well as emerging health, welfare and retirement benefit programs/strategies and assesses the effectiveness of these programs/strategies in meeting overall Company and department objectives.
• Assist internal and external auditors, actuaries and advisers with necessary/recurring reports and research.
• Oversee the management and maintenance of historical records of benefit service and eligibility.
• Provide strategic support to HRIS/payroll planning and change initiatives.
• Develop and lead teammates to increase their ability to perform with increased efficiency, skill (problem-solving) and enhanced strategic capability.
• Participate in the development of programs and corresponding communication plans aimed at improving the overall level of wellness for Coca-Cola Consolidated employees.
• Participate in the practical development of wellness initiatives and pilots that define present and future activity-based programs and steer plan design, costing and qualification for participants of the Company group health plans.
• Lead vendor partners in development of communication strategies that drive or reinforce department objectives.
• Participate with lead roles in strategic evaluation of regulatory change (PPACA, DOL, CMS, PBGC, IRS and Dept. of Treasury, etc.).
• Lead role in routines that incorporate reoccurring interaction with employee relations, labor relations, HR generalist teams, compensation, master data, payroll and accounting.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in a benefits manager role.
• Undergraduate Degree.
• CEBS, CCP, PHR.
• Developed experience with collective bargaining and bargained benefit plan.
• Practical knowledge of ERISA plan compliance, IRS and DOL requirements and regulation and a supplemental understanding of ACA/HHS mandates or initiatives.
• Developed analytical and communication skills, public speaking and negotation skills.
• Ability to develop influencing professional relationships and credibility throughout the organization.
• Experience with multiple enrollment and benefits admin platforms preferred.
• SAP, Success Factors, Spinifex, Kronos, Excel and multiple ASO platforms preferred.
All candidates will be subject to pre-employment testing: Background Check, Drug Screen and Physical Abilities Test (if applicable). CCBCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.