Full Stack Developer
Here at SeedSpark, we work with leadership teams in small to medium-sized businesses to improve customer acquisition and retention and reduce operational costs and security risks. We do this through business process automation and managed technology.
We are a diverse team with a shared passion to always learn, relentlessly serve and constantly grow. The combination of unique talents amongst our team enables SeedSpark to fuel growth and efficiency amongst our clients. Here at SeedSpark, we set out to achieve excellence by hiring the best and brightest in our field, those who desire to come alongside us to live out the four core values of SeedSpark: Pursue Why; Maintain Perspective; Ownership; and Win Together.
Primary functions include:
• Understand client requirements and how they translate into application features.
• Collaborate with Product Owners and engineers on designing, developing and deploying features to a production environment.
• Write high-quality code that is scalable, modular and conforms to language best practices.
• Perform tests to ensure code quality and feature completion.
• Provide usage and debugging support on client applications.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/certifications.
• 1-2 years of professional experience working on web-based applications in a team or individual environment.
• Strong experience in ASP.NET (C#/VB.NET), as well as their associated data structures and coding best practices.
• Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts and namespaces.
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft SQL server 2008+ and best practices for database optimization for moderate to large data sets.
• Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work effectively.
• Effective communication and collaboration skills with team members, stakeholders and other application users of various levels of technical expertise.
• Strong problem-solving skills to diagnose and debug application issues.
• Have an “improvement focused” attitude and approach toward yourself and your work
Nice to have
• Experience with integrating and creating RESTful APIs.
• Ability to recognize business needs of stakeholders and design custom software to meet those needs.
• Experience in testing code for functionality requirements before launching into production.
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio development tools.
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer certification is a plus.
• Hours of operation is 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (7 hour work days), no weekends or after hours unless it’s urgent. We believe in a healthy work-life balance.
• CE Growth Plan – 1 work day per quarter dedicated to CE, with flexible CE guidelines. Sprout Week is a quarterly-scheduled event when the entire department dedicates to growing our skillsets as a team.
• Benefits – 60% healthcare coverage with deductible reimbursement, life insurance policy, catered monthly lunches, awesome company events, gym membership reimbursement and 401k matching after one year
• Flexible PTO – we believe our Developers are responsible adults with the ability to manage their schedules and timelines effectively. Take PTO when you need to and plan responsibly.
• Flexible WFO policy – working from home is as simple as coordinating with your team lead. Again, we trust that our developers can manage their tasks responsibly.
• Experienced Team Leads – with Senior Developers on our staff, we are constantly learning new tech while also listening to the echoes of our Dev forefathers for sage advice about process, principles and implementation. Our Senior Devs know their stuff.
• Agile-esque development – having experience in both waterfall and Agile approaches, we implement the most effective flow process per project. Our PMs are experienced in a variety of different sized projects and are seasoned to adhere to the processes we believe best to take a project from start to finish.
• Periodic evening or weekend work is expected only during critical application emergencies.
• Valid driver’s license, dependable transportation and up to date vehicle insurance is required.