Associate Director, Product Manager
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today.
• Maintain a team culture that embraces empathy for the customer.
• Manage a team of product managers and provide coaching, performance feedback and career development support.
• Ability to understand product ideas within the context of our customers’ needs and our company strategy.
• Create Product Vision and Strategy that will delight our target users and achieve our business goals.
• Understand business partner needs and advocate on behalf of business partners and their customers to ensure project success.
• Translate product vision into a well-sequenced roadmap that evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals.
• Develop and refine product roadmap and strategy in conjunction with key stakeholders.
• Capture and prioritize product requirements through customer research, voice of customer and usage metrics.
• Set business goals for product and identify how you will measure them. Ensure success criteria is clearly defined and instrumented.
• Distill requirements into features and user stories consumable by development team.
• Establish and maintain positive business unit and stakeholder relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, Analytics or an equivalent field with 10 or more years of experience OR an advanced degree with 8 or more years of experience required.
• Experience using agile project management tools such as Jira and Confluence.
• Understanding of software development/engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills that are relatable to all levels.
• Natural presence/comfortable presenting to internal and external customers.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Superb planning and organizational skills.
• Adaptability and multi-tasking, experience working in a fast-moving environment.
• Familiarity with Agile operating model, practices and expectations.
• Experience supervising high-performance individual contributors by providing coaching, performance feedback and career development support.
• Demonstrated capability in making timely, difficult decisions to ensure project priorities meet critical business needs and timelines.
• Ability to communicate and influence multi-disciplinary teams, developing strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels within the company as an “active listener” and then execute results.
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with high degree of accountability.
• Diligent, disciplined, reliable and strives for highest quality work product.
• PMP or SCRUM/Agile certified.
• A background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
• A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click the link below to create your UTC Workday profile and apply for this role.