Application Developer Team Lead
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today.
You will report to the Associate Director of Software Development and can be located in either Charlotte, NC or Windsor Locks, CT.
• Lead a team of developers, providing guidance, coordination and resolution of blockers as needed.
• Develop enterprise MVC web solutions throughout the full stack, including UI, business logic and back end.
• Work with architects to create scalable, extensible and sustainable solutions.
• Implement and encourage adherence to best practices including code reviews, pull requests, automated unit tests.
• Work with Product Managers and subject matter experts to translate business needs into stories and tasks.
• Oversee CI/CD for deployment of code from development to production in on-prem and cloud environments.
• Champion Agile methodology and ceremony.
• Accurately estimate project tasks and timelines.
• Stay current on the latest web development technologies through research, user groups and professional development.
• Leverage a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process to deliver high-quality software products and services.
• Hands-on development of all parts of the technology-stack including user interface (UI), front-end (client-side) and back-end (server-side), database integration, web service and API development, performance tuning and security design for mobile (native and responsive), web and embedded-systems.
• Work with Product Managers to respond to customer requirements, define sprints, backlogs and manage the development process.
• Supports the understanding of programming technologies available to provide the most efficient means to implement the needed functionality.
• Establishes enterprise-wide standards for application development and integration.
• Plans for future platform requirements to support business and customer needs.
• 8+ years C# or Java.
• 8+ years structured or semi-structured data stores (SQL, NoSQL, Cosmos DB).
• 6+ years MVC framework.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Azure or AWS cloud.
• Azure DevOps (VSTS).
• Agile project methodologies.
• Basic server administration.
• Basic network administration.
• Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 3 years of prior relevant experience
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.).
• Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click the link below to create your UTC Workday profile and apply for this role.