Senior Content Manager
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo). Today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place.
LendingTree is looking for a talented, well-rounded content manager to join a team of 25 editors and writers at its New York City office. The LendingTree content team creates hundreds of SEO-driven articles and data-driven studies and surveys each month across multiple LendingTree-owned domains — including LendingTree, MagnifyMoney, CompareCards, DepositAccounts, Student Loan Hero and ValuePenguin.
We are looking for a senior content manager to:
• Work alongside the executive editor to steer editorial strategy, amplify our content, build our audience and drive engagement with our readers.
• Take advantage of in-house data resources to closely track progress and identify new opportunities.
• Work closely with the in-house SEO team to identify gaps in coverage across all LT-owned domains.
• Manage a team of vertical editors, ensuring that they hit their monthly publication targets and increase their output from month to month.
• Help scale content distribution channels beyond SEO to amplify content through social, newsletter campaigns, syndication partnerships, etc.
• Help ensure that quality is not sacrificed as we continue striving to beat our production goals.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in journalism or marketing.
• 5-7 years of work experience in digital media as a manager.
• Managing an editorial calendar for multiple verticals is no sweat.
• You’re able to multi-task and are a strong project manager.
• You’re dedicated to delivering the best educational content to readers to help guide them in making key financial decisions.
• You have experience with SEO and deep knowledge of best practices.
• You’re familiar with using data analytics to create a strategy for growth.
• You know how to productively work with cross-functional teams such as marketing, product, compliance, sales and design.
Our clothes are casual and relaxed and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our aggressive goals. We also have a lot of fun together! We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results-driven Superheroes to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.