Moishe House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about! Launched in 2006 when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends, Moishe House provides a space for over 60,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries and we’re still growing.
The Moishe House team works towards our mission by believing in themselves and each other, collectively creating innovative ways to reach young adults. With the generous gifts from our donors, we observe the highest standards of stewardship of all the resources placed in our trust.
Who you are:
• You believe in our mission and bring creativity, innovation and hard work to our team.
• You have a passion for serving others, place high value in being part of a strong team and want to be part of a dynamic, inspirational organization.
• You are a skilled communicator, project manager and organizer and love planning large-scale events.
• You are looking for a company culture that is collaborative, drives change and values people.
• You are truly a team player and are glad to assist in other areas and on other projects as needed.
• You look forward to providing comprehensive support and liaison to Moishe House’s Chief Executive Officer and the Board.
What you will do:
The Executive Assistant to the CEO and Board is a member of the Executive team and provides day-to-day support to the CEO and Board to be their primary liaison, while planning semi-annual on-location Board meetings. We are seeking a highly organized, creative thinker to play a key role in supporting the Board and CEO, including:
Support the Chief Executive Officer
• Prepare monthly communications to the Board
• Manage the calendar, scheduling meetings and calls and making travel arrangements
• Prepare and submit bimonthly expense reports
• Prepare quarterly Donor Impact Reports
Serve as primary liaison for the Board of Directors
• Primary staffer for all governing Boards, Board committees, strategic planning meetings and Board meetings.
• Prepare and monitor annual budgets for the Board and strategic planning.
• Maintain and update governance records, including bylaws, Board policies, guidelines, processes and minutes.
• Maintain and coordinate new Board member orientation and materials.
• Plan and execute semi-annual on-location Board meetings and quarterly strategic planning meetings, including details for hotel contracts, venue, catering, marketing materials, transportation, local community event, budget.
What you bring:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related area, an additional 4 years of full-time relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
• 5+ years professional experience, including 2+ years’ experience as Board Liaison, Executive Administrative Assistant or other similar position related to working with executives, nonprofit boards and event planning.
• Highly skilled in written and verbal communications.
• Advanced skills in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office, Google.
• Experienced with project and large-scale event planning.
• Proven ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure and to manage time effectively.
• Effective demonstration of the Moishe Mindset; Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People and Work Well, Live Well and Have Fun.
• Direct Moishe House experience (as staff, resident, host and/or community member) strongly preferred.
• Ability to travel within the United States 3-4 times per year
This position requires weekday office hours plus occasional weekends or evenings and occasional travel to complete job requirements, is located in Charlotte, NC and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Why work with us:
• We provide competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements.
• Generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, 401k match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid-Time-Off and US and Jewish Holidays.
• Great professional and Jewish development, mentoring and skill-building opportunities.
• Occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats.
• A fun work environment with awesome co-workers.
• And, last but not least, the support of the amazing global Moishe House community.
Email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please write “Executive Assistant to the CEO and Board_firstname_ lastname” in the subject line.
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information or sexual orientation.