Ditch the dog guilt with Skipper, a rapidly-growing, on-demand dog walking service bringing peace of mind to every pet owner. With same-day scheduling, GPS tracking and pet photos after every visit, Skipper provides an unparalleled level of convenience, accountability and trustworthiness through a tech-enabled platform and a trained and vetted team of pet care professionals.
Skipper is looking for a leader to help manage and scale our Charlotte market. This role is responsible for driving client growth and engagement in Charlotte through building, growing and managing strategic community partnerships.
You’ll build and execute go-to-market growth strategies in existing and emerging verticals and serve as an ambassador of our company values and culture. The ideal candidate is an outgoing, hands-on, highly motivated, reliable, relationship-driven leader with a proven ability to work in a small team and promote a community-focused business.
What you’ll do:
• Identify, build and grow strategic, community-driven partnerships and oversee the tactical execution of those relationships.
• Organize, staff and attend promotional events to strengthen business partnerships and build brand awareness.
• Be accountable for the Charlotte P&L and growth targets, address underperforming areas and refine goals as the business matures.
• Partner with the product team to prioritize new features and integrations that enable us to grow even faster.
• Work closely with our operations, hiring, product and marketing teams to run experiments, surface insights and develop client acquisition and engagement strategies through new and existing high-traction, client acquisition channels.
What we’d love to see:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• You’re a dynamic relationship-builder, you get your energy from engaging with people and you’re adept at quickly building rapport and a solid network.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment.
• Strong knowledge of the Atlanta area.
• Background in animal behavior and care.
• Love of dogs and excitement about becoming proficient in animal behavior.
• Analytically-minded and detail oriented with outstanding communications skills.
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends and respond to community members outside of work hours, as needed.
• You’re always learning, growing and eager to become more self-aware and expand your capabilities.
• You’re data-driven with a test-and-iterate approach, you believe in our mission and are ready to roll up your sleeves to bring better dog walking to market.
• You’re decisive, metrics-driven and can build trust with a wide range of audiences.
• You have experience growing a business in a leadership capacity.
• You lead with integrity, you’re quick to take responsibility for mistakes and share your wins with the team.
• Competitive compensation plus bonus and PTO plan, health insurance, unlimited swag.