VP of Product Marketing
By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you we are a people company. As the industry leader in Accounts Payable (AP) Automation, AvidXchange strives to provide an innovative and collaborative work environment. We do that through focusing on our people, our culture and ensuring we run our business in a way that enables every employee to achieve their fullest potential and help us create a world-class company. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game,” “Passion About Customer Success,” “Win as a Team,” and “Have a Blast.” Whether you live in Charlotte and can enjoy our corporate campus at the AvidXchange Music Factory or you live across the country, AvidXchange has locations waiting for you. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Love where you work. Live Avidly.
AvidXchange is looking for a Vice President of Product Marketing to join our Marketing organization. This person will report to the Chief Growth Officer and will be responsible for planning, implementing and managing our overall product and services marketing growth strategy. As VP of Product Marketing you will lead a team of product marketing leaders that create and execute innovative go to market strategies for our product and solutions. In addition, this role will serve as the champion for the overall strategic planning process for the company and be the key stakeholder for our growth product roadmap.
• Recruit, develop and lead a team of market experts in our markets, our products, our customers and our competition.
• Identify and exploit market opportunities through segmentation, market research, product market fit analysis and test and learn strategies.
• Maintain knowledge base of current understanding of the AvidXchange products, industry trends and competitor products. Demonstrate working knowledge while working with product management, demand generation and sales to introduce and test new products and pricing in market. Classify and analyze competitors and alternative solutions
• Champion the strategic planning process for growth and work with Corp Dev and Product to generate strategic M/A and partner strategy for the company.
Go To Market
• Articulate for our product, sales and marketing teams how customers buy in order to generate better outcomes for all teams.
• Characterize key individuals involved in buying process with useful personas to provide actionable insight into customers and markets.
• Work with the demand generation team to develop market launch strategies and programs that drive demand for our products and services.
• Collaborate with the sales organization to create the channel sales strategies, gathering input for win-loss analysis and product market acceptance.
• Identify, segment and size market opportunities and threats. Identify addressable market size and segmentation. Provide input on product roadmap vision for sustainable differentiation and growth via growth product roadmap. Plan and coordinate the entry of products into markets.
• Partner with Product Management to identify meaningful market and product positioning, segmented by market and buyer personas. Leverage this to produce go to market plans and help prepare products for early adopter and general release.
Experience and qualifications:
• 10-15 years of increasing experience in sales, marketing and/or product roles. 3+ years leading product marketing function or product management function in a SaaS, B2B, financial services or payment company.
• Experience working within financial technology software organizations is a plus.
• Proven experience leading marketing teams with demonstrated track record for launching new products and services to the market.
• Familiarity working with direct, partner and channel marketing and sales leaders to deliver business outcomes.
• Must be highly driven with a passion for developing teams that deliver and help the organization win in strategic markets.
• Demonstrated ability to gather/synthesize market information and customer research to drive business planning and strategy.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to coach others.
• Strong collaboration and negotiation skills, showing ability to influence without ownership, gaining support and trust across the organization to achieve agreed upon business outcomes.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams, including product management, demand generation, sales and technology teams required.
• Ability to work within a high-growth, fast-paced culture.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, computer science or a related discipline. MBA preferred, not required.
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.