Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally’s legacy dates back to 1919 and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
This role is responsible for two main areas: processing Ally’s Do It Right community content and assisting the content marketing specialist with strategic planning. He or she will assist in the development of compelling content that embodies the Ally brand, voice and tone and provide thoughtful content strategy for Ally. Additionally, he/she will assist in monitoring the success of the content published and develop the testing/optimization plan.
The team you would work with:
The Marketing Team is made up of dedicated world-class marketing and communications professionals who are responsible for the strategic development and execution of campaigns and initiatives to support Ally, its business lines and product offerings. In addition, the external communications arm of marketing is responsible for advancing Ally’s corporate reputation and promoting the company’s strategic objectives by developing and executing communications plans for the media and external stakeholders. Marketing also has responsibility for the Ally brand, social media, customer engagement, media relations andcross sell efforts. Additionally, the marketing team oversees enterprise research and delivers insight, tools and trends to the enterprise.
• 50% processing Ally’s Do It Right community content (routing approvals, staging and proofreading). Accountable for high quality and error free interactive content that aligns to business as well as brand objectives.
• 50% in assisting the content marketing specialist with developing strategic and engaging content as well as assisting in the monthly content calendar planning.
• Follow trends and news in personal finance and lifestyle topics and create meaningful content as a result.
• Suggest graphical elements/infographics for each piece of content.
• Collaborate with various marketing teams to understand what content is engaging customers and prospects and to develop future topics.
• Work with legal, compliance and brand teams to get all necessary approvals.
• Coordinate with SEO team to optimize content using best practices.
• 10% project management and team involvement (miscellaneous projects as required).
• 1-3 years of marketing and/or communication experience (audio, video and visual content development is a plus) with a background in writing and graphic design.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Strong attention to detail and previous proofreading experience is critical.
• Results oriented, willing to do what it takes to succeed.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
• Proficient with MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Word Press, design and development software skills are a plus.
• Effective presentation skills under a variety of conditions (one-on-one, group, team).
• Bachelor’s in Communications, Marketing, Journalism/English.
• Experience managing client relationships and complex deliverables.
• Prior experience writing online content. Portfolio requested but not required.
• Must be articulate and inspire commitment to a higher standard.
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to balance business needs with customer experience.