Senior Director, Product Management – Lowes.com
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is committed to creating a seamless omnichannel experience and leveraging the latest technology to delight the customer throughout the experience. We want to serve the customer where and how they want to be served. This role will lead a team of Senior Managers and Product Managers and have end-to-end ownership of the lowes.com cart and checkout. We are looking for a big thinker who can bring together customer needs, business goals and the latest technology into a cohesive vision and deliver upon it.
The Senior Director, Product Management – Bottom Funnel leads the overall vision, strategy, roadmap and prioritization for cart and checkout features and functionality while also partnering with other product teams to adapt core ecommerce features. This role combines business strategy, data/analytics, user experience, customer feedback and technology to develop seamless customer experiences, whether it is to ultimately buy online or purchase in store. This role manages a team.
• Serves as the voice of the customer with a deep understanding of the customer’s needs and effectively communicates those to the team.
• Owns the roadmap for their product(s).
• Continuously reviews, refines and drives prioritization of the product roadmap, clearly articulating the vision and strategy to the product teams.
• Defines the epics that drive the detailed requirements for an assigned product.
• Develops and defends the business case for a new product feature or set of features, works with finance to create detailed financial models and uses business/financial acumen to modify as necessary, accountable for successful P&L of business case.
• Runs Weekly Business Reviews for their product(s) and monitors product KPIs to ensure success metrics are being met, prioritizes options for improvement or enhancement.
• Tracks product team’s velocity and optimizes delivery to ensure the most valuable work is always delivered first.
• Works with cross-functional Sr. Directors, Product Management to drive work across other product teams and helps move and prioritize work into other product backlogs.
• Builds and manages a Product Management team, helping to support their growth and removing obstacles as necessary.
• Develops and presents communications frequently to senior leadership, communicating the desired message at the appropriate level for the right recipient.
• Keeps pace with change and maintains a competitive advantage within the marketplace by seeking out and learning about changes in the field.
• Serves as an internal resource on digital experience, product management, emerging technology and digital in the ecosystem of omni-channel retailing.
• 7+ years relevant Product Management experience working with software development teams to deploy digital product.
• 5+ years experience managing teams and priorities across multiple stakeholders.
• 3+ years experience in an agile software environment.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience leading cross-functional projects with design, engineering and/or analytics.
• Strong organizational savvy, particularly with multiple/competing priorities.
• 2+ years experience leading digital product roadmap.
• Deep industry connections and the ability to attract top talent.
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to translate data into action.
• Master’s Degree, M.B.A.
• Prior leadership with a top 25 omni-channel retailer.