The Plaid Penguin is looking for a full-time Graphic Designer to work in their Charlotte, NC office. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact. This role will develop creative ideas and concepts with the team and will be responsible for the layouts and design elements for a variety of mediums. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time and deadlines. The role involves listening and communicating daily with the internal management team and understanding client needs before making design decisions. The creative industry is highly competitive. The ability to work under tight deadlines is a must. Communication and organization is key.
• Develop concepts and designs for any client projects assigned: including logo design, packaging design, collateral materials, email design, advertisements, social media graphics, signage and website design as needed.
• Understand client’s business/communication goals and translate them into unique creative solutions.
• Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies and design projects.
• Meet all design deadlines.
• Assist with special events creative, set up and breakdown as needed.
• Think creatively to produce new ideas and execute them with unique methods and production techniques.
• Use a wide range of media, including photography and video, to produce accurate and high-quality work.
• Brainstorm and sketch out concepts for clients and agency marketing tactics.
• Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly Adobe Creative Suite programs and WordPress.
• Stay within budget and track all time in project management software.
• Assist team with brainstorming, marketing and advertising concepts.
• Maintain all client file archives with appropriately named and organized folders.
• Communicate any problems, concerns or suggestions to the leadership team.
What fits with us:
• A strong presenter of ideas expressed through design.
• An optimistic problem solver who finds opportunities in challenges.
• A person with a “jump right in” attitude to help the team.
Required skills and requirements:
• 5+ years of design experience in a full-service agency setting.
• An extensive understanding of all creative disciplines, including conceptual and executional (art direction, user experience, copy and motion). Inspires and leads by example, setting professional standards for the team and the department.
• Strong design intuition and a keen sense of what can work in the future/not what has worked in the past.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign). Other digital design software knowledge is a plus.
• Rich history in design, branding and packaging (experience in food and beverage a huge plus).
• Must love hospitality, food/beverage and the experience that it brings to others.
• Excellent references
• Knowledge in CSS.
• Degree from an art school or an ad/design program.
• Experience using After Effects and Premier is a huge plus.
Compensation and benefits:
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Health insurance and retirement savings is available.
• The Plaid Penguin endorses and supports any and all efforts employees make to better their skills, whether that be creative or technical.
Send resume and link to portfolio, along with your salary requirements/history to firstname.lastname@example.org.