The grand opening of Frankie’s Fun Park in Huntersville has gone under the radar in the Charlotte area — which is weird, because it’s a massive 20-acre amusement park.
Frankie’s Fun Park has quietly opened their fifth location in Huntersville next to the Walmart off Bryton Corporate Center Drive. The other locations are in Charleston, Columbia, Greenville and Raleigh.
I swung by in the early afternoon on Saturday to check it out. It was crowded, but not packed — there wasn’t a wait for any of the rides.
The 84,000-square-foot indoor portion of Frankie’s Fun Park has 24 bowling lanes, a restaurant, bar, laser tag, three-story playground, ride that drops 30 feet, LED-illuminated bumper cars and a massive arcade (you can redeem arcade points for physical prizes).
Honestly, it felt like walking into a casino in Las Vegas — lights are flashing, people are screaming in celebration. It’s sensory overload.
How does it work? You load up a “Fun Card” with money and then use the card as currency throughout the facility.
The outdoor portion of the 20-acre park features three 18-hole miniature golf courses, three custom designed go-kart tracks, a spinning tea-cup ride, swing ride, halfpipe ride and some crazy ride named “Discover” where you hang upside down while spinning 60 feet in the air.
Here’s a full list of Frankie’s Fun Park attractions along with pricing and height/age restrictions:
- Miniature Golf: $10 per person, kids under age 3 are free
- Bowling: $40 per hour, per lane on the weekends
- Dark Ride XD: $7, must at least 40 inches tall (fully immersive 7D motion ride)
- Discovery: $7, must be 48 inches to ride drop
- Fun House: $8, play area for 2 to 12 year olds
- Laser tag: $8 for ages 6 and up
- Swings: $6
- Arcade: Prices vary
- Drop Zone: $6, must be 42 inches tall
- Tea Cups: $6
- Disk’O: $7, must be at least 52 inches tall
- Hologate: $7, 48 inches tall to play the virtual reality game
- Bumper Cars: $6, drives must be 44 inches tall
- Road Course: $8 drives must be 54 inches tall
- Slick Track: $10, must be at least 16 years old
- Drifter: $10, drivers must be at least 16 years old
Hours are 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 10 a.m. to 1 a.m. on Friday and Saturday; and 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Sunday.
OK, here’s a quick tour around Frankie’s Fun Park.