Duties and responsibilities:
• Develop communications materials for both Belk College Undergraduate Programs and the Childress Klein Center for Real Estate.
• Seek, develop and distribute original and solicited content, including message for letters, articles, blog posts, social posts, etc., for Belk College Undergraduate Programs and CKCRE following Belk College External Relations strategy/key messaging norms and adhering to UNC Charlotte brand standards.
• Coordinate information about key priorities, including distribution of college materials to key stakeholders and public sharing for broad awareness including website posting.
• Contribute to fundraising and impact news for CKCRE and Undergraduate Program areas.
• Develop student stories to share with University Communications and to share with local/state/national media.
• Develop media pitches to share about CKCRE with local/state/national media.
• Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, manage and execute Belk College digital communications projects from beginning to end.
• Demonstrate ability to manage to Belk College deadlines and project objectives, using detailed timelines/schedules, resource assignment and quality control.
• Work with creative partners (vendors, university, printers) as needed to produce high-quality communications.
• Implement communications plan, strategies and tactics in proactive manner to increase visibility for the Childress Klein Center for Real Estate and its programs.
• Plan, coordinate and manage messaging in support of Undergraduate Programs.
• Work with real estate staff to promote events and content of interest to students and alumni in the CKCRE.
• Help coordinate special events for the Center for Real Estate, such as the spring Housing Summit, spring #CREFuture event.
• Help coordinate special events for Undergraduate Programs, including the CEO Speaker Series and Niblock Student Center major events.
• Coordinate undergraduate social media campaigns with the Undergraduate program team.
• As a key liaison to Undergraduate programs and Childress Klein Center for Real Estate staff, work to execute key marketing and communications strategies that contribute to brand awareness and recruitment goals while integrating with the overall goals and strategy of the Belk College External Relations team.
• Work with internal stakeholders and external vendors to execute communications strategies that achieve the goals of key units, including but not limited to the Belk College’s Undergraduate Programs and the Childress Klein Center for Real Estate.
• Work with Executive Director of External Relations on strategic or priority issues of the Childress Klein Center for Real Estate and Undergraduate Programs.
• Work with supervisor to understand and prioritize the expectations and goals of respective areas of responsibility.
• Serve as key communications liaison for Undergraduate Programs in partnership with the Belk College and for the Childress Klein Center for Real Estate.
• Serve as brand manager and ambassador of Undergraduate Programs and the Niblock Student Center, helping to audit and manage logos, key messages and images of Undergraduate programs for all Belk College materials and sites.
• Develop key communications materials, including digital, video and other materials, to encourage fundraising for undergraduate programs.
• Recommend process and strategy improvements where possible.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate knowledge of technical marketing resources, including but not limited to: Drupal web content management system, social media management, InDesign, Photoshop.
• Produce and edit stories, videos and photos about Undergraduate Programs and the Childress Klein Center for Real Estate and/or work with multimedia specialists and photographers for strategic productions.
• Work with Childress Klein Center for Real Estate staff to update website regularly.
• Work with Undergraduate team to update website regularly.
• Provide and maintain materials for Admissions about Belk College undergraduate programs.
• Help develop storyboards and video ideas about Undergraduate programs with University Communications and Belk College teams.
• Source information about Undergraduate program students and programs.
• Gather, write, produce, develop and share communications materials, including but not limited to Undergraduate and CKCRE materials.
• Update key messages and copy about all Undergraduate programs for online materials.
• Seek out rankings opportunities for the Center for Real Estate and its programs.
Minimum experience and education:
• Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in a closely related field that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities needed in the area of assignment or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Departmental preferred experience, skills, training/education:
• Event planning experience is highly desirable.
• Higher education experience is valuable.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and social media.
• Web content management system experience valuable (Drupal preferred).
• Exceptional user-focused writing and editing skills, strong grammar and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize work while managing multiple deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, high degree of accuracy and ability to multitask.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet applications, such as Google docs and Dropbox.
• Ability and willingness to travel to various work and event locations.
• Event planning and project management experience is desired.
• $21-$24 per hour based on qualifications, skills and experience.