The Studio Coordinator is an integral member of Charlotte artist and business owner Stephen Wilson’s small team. They are charged with coordinating the day to day activities of a highly productive art studio. The main responsibilities for the Studio Coordinator are managing the art creation process, documentation and database system along with a wide variety of digital media, external outreach and event preparation and execution tasks.
The Studio Coordinator position is a unique opportunity for a self-starter to gain multi-faceted experience in both art and business. There is room to grow this position with initiative and creativity. The position requires a team player who is able to manage their own responsibilities in a fast-paced and highly creative environment. This is a full-time position.
• Updating website and shop, CV, press kit, Dropbox.
• Social media planning and content.
• Creating various marketing graphics – including piece listings, newsletters, invitations.
• Contributing to the growth of the brand by targeting outreach possibilities – ex. pop-ups, exhibition opportunities, awards and collaborations.
• Act as the main point of contact for the studio – including anticipating important events and priorities to help guide the team.
• Guide the process of artwork creation – including coordinating framing, inventory of materials and tracking artwork through an extensive schedule of exhibitions, loans and sales.
• Maintaining database and inventory process by assisting in artwork photography and editing.
• Art packing and shipping.
• General administrative and office assistance needs.
• Leading the preparation and execution of the studio’s exhibition and fair schedule.
• Occasional assistance in art fabrication.