What you will do:
• Focus: Organizational and Internal Communications, Storytelling (Programs & Services, Internal Communications, PR and Social Media).
• Develop, implement and manage organization-focused programs to drive greater relevance, engagement and grow external communities.
• Increase community awareness of programs and activities and impact of the Library’s locations, services and programs.
• Manage internal communications to include Lee’s Three Things, FOREWORD culture communications materials as well as other related items defined by CEO, HR Leader and Marketing Leader
• Develop stories of impact and correlating content for editorial themes (2x each month).
• Manage earned media relationships with monthly content, pitch stories of impact to generate additional coverage.
• Manage earned media relationships – Spectrum, Charlotte Today, Charlotte Smartypants, Charlotte Parent, blogs, etc.
• Responsible to promote Tier II system-wide programs including organizational communications of Library branch renovations/closings, as well system-wide departments including RSCR, Job Help Center, Circulation, Volunteers, etc.
• Manage communications about Library hours of operation, including holidays, hours changes, inclement weather, etc.
• Manage communications about Library facilities projects such as closures, renovations, emergencies, etc.
• Manage share-of-voice reporting.
• Lead and manage social media efforts to increase followers and engagements – includes social team and platforms (Facebook, Twitter Instagram, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube, Pinterest).
• Assist with strategy and planning and evaluating new opportunities to leverage social/sharing channels and/or tools to meet the Library’s and Foundation’s goals.
• Develop benchmarking and measurement program to quantify the effectiveness of the Library and Foundation’s social media program and key initiatives, as well as the Library’s sentiment and customer perceptions.
• Maintain and ensure social media calendar aligns and is guided by editorial content calendar.
• Collaborate with administrative assistant on Board-related communications (appointments, public meeting notices, photo shoots, etc.).
• Collaborates with Foundation and Community Partnerships on projects, as requested.
• Participates in local, state and national professional organizations.
• Reports to Marketing Leader.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field of public relations, communications, English or marketing.
Knowledge and skills:
• Knowledge of public relations (minimum 3-years experience).
• Knowledge of public and media relations and crisis communications.
• Skill in writing for multiple formats.
• Knowledge of social media trends and best practices.
• Knowledge of marketing.
• Knowledge/skill with the following software: Microsoft office products (including Office 365, Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.), Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat Professional, Adobe Cloud, Photoshop, etc.), media monitoring, social media publishing, etc.
• Highly organized, ability to multi-task.
• Work to meet deadlines.
• Excellent writer and storyteller.
• Thinking critically to find solutions.
• Can shift from tactical to strategic as needed.